LBS better than Halfords/on-line? Yeah right!!!

Sparetyre
Sparetyre Posts: 28
edited July 2007 in MTB general
<i></i>I must just be unlucky with the area I live in when it comes to the quality of my local LBS. I live in Reading and there are 3 that I know of. 1 in town with a manager who really couldn't look less interested in you if he tried. Another on Wokingham road who we bought my son's Trek from. When we rang to book it in for it's free service after 5 months, even though we told them it had only had a few weeks of use and we were aware that it was a 6 week service they refused to do it for nothing and when pushed they said it wouldn't need anything doing if it had only had a few weeks of use!!!! Why offer the service at all then????? The other shop in Caversham is a much more professional set-up but to be honest, I don't like going in there as I always feel intimidated. They are a serious outfit who have a very strong race team. Say what you like about Halfords and I know they can be frustrating from experience but at least you get what you expect. I know their choice is not as good as others but I would buy from them if I found what I wanted or better still, go for the deals on-line.

Why do I know most people will disagree with me?!?

:0( ;0)
:0( ;0)

Comments