Meta 1, Meta 2 or Teocali

Unklehomer
Unklehomer Posts: 646
edited June 2007 in MTB buying advice
well after focusing on my Dream Bike for 12months, i'm suddenly shaking... Someone's made me wobble and moved me from Teocali to Meta...

I could get a Teocali cheap through CTC, but they don't come in XL, and i'm just over 6.3

Could get XL of either meta, but the beter Meta comes with FOX float R forks, which would be nice for a while, but i've heard living with Fox is not as wonderfully hastle free as living with Rockshox... or there's marzos on the meta 1, and i could then shove Pikes on it (was going to upgrade the Pikes on the Teocali,) plus i've never heard (not much in itself) of the brakes on the meta, though initial research implies Formula Oro are rather nice and i've not hear dof them cos they've a bit out my league, which i would believe, anyone know what pads they take?

anyway, the thing is i found cheapish knock down meta and am considering putting it on finance... ooooh nasty i know, but would get me meta for the summer, and it really be a birthday pressie i could settle the finance early... with B day money.

(the more observant of you will notice i'm brainwashing myself)

Anyway, anyone who's ridden both bikes, or wants to chip in on the above, your input would be gratfully recvd, ta

<center>I ride cos i like it and I'll ride where i like!
Me and My GT
Snowy</center>
<center>I ride cos i like it and I'll ride where i like.</center>

Comments

• papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    don't get a meta they're far to commong nowadays

hehe

Meta5.5
    GT Avalanche 3
  • Unklehomer
    it's sad but i thought that! Haven't seen a Teocali anywhere... could be distinctive...

Me and My GT
    Snowy</center>
  • Yeah, common as muck. And don't even get me started on the stem, bars and bottom bracket height....!
  • papasmurf.
    I'd hold on and get you name down for one of the 2008 metas..

Meta5.5
    GT Avalanche 3
  • Wolf
    Wolf Posts: 989
    Have you tried them? Formula brakes are suposed to be excellent. They are the best regarded brakes in the continent.

Marin Eldridge Grade 07
    GT Avalanche 1.0 07
    I'd find the interupted seat tube on the Teocali a bit limiting

Meta5.5
    GT Avalanche 3
  • Unklehomer
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papasmurf</i>

I'd hold on and get you name down for one of the 2008 metas..

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i thought that too, but it would mean waiting until october!!! i suppose i might calm down in time to wait...

Wolf, yeah, further research confirmed the out of my league notion, they do look sweet...

Me and My GT
    Snowy</center>
  • Unklehomer
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by papasmurf</i>

I'd find the interupted seat tube on the Teocali a bit limiting

Possibly, i'm a lanky man, but it would be out to the max probably as is only 20inch frame.

Me and My GT
    Snowy</center>
  • GYP
    GYP Posts: 151
    Meta Meta Meta, buy buy buy, mmm mmm mmm [}:)]

<center>Me</center><center>Commencal Meta 5.5</center>
  • Unklehomer you sound like a gear freak to me. If I were you I would just buy all the seperate bits you want and fondle them in bed at home. Forget actually riding a bike.
  • juankerrwmb
    juankerrwmb Posts: 611
    Meta
  • Unklehomer
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Father Faff</i>

Unklehomer you sound like a gear freak to me. If I were you I would just buy all the seperate bits you want and fondle them in bed at home. Forget actually riding a bike.

LOL[:D]

no i just have waited a long time for a full susser to be possible, i've had a lot of time to plan... Had it all carefully worked out, then changed my mind... [:0]

Me and My GT
    Snowy</center>