What do i do

Unknown
edited December 1969 in MTB buying advice
Ello,

Thinking of upgrading my bike but do I break it down,or sell it complete.

I've got a trek fuel 80 think she's a 2005 frame (m) in grey.
XT hollow teckII BB,Cranks,front mech/Deore rear mech (7mths old)
Lx disc brakes with flick shift and Rockshox 302Tora forks with poploc.Mavic 317 rims with Trailraker 2.1's.

What sort of price would I get for the parts as they are all about 6-7 months old?
What sort of price would I ask for it complete?

Speed is your friend and you can't get hurt in the Air!!!

Comments

• Ticaboy
    Ticaboy Posts: 314
    Why upgrading? What are you thinking of upgrading?

GT Avalanche Expert 2006
  • thinking of either getting a commencal meta 5.5 or an iron horse mk III or a stumpy...
    I want something that is agile lightish[:D]and can be quite forgiving as i can be quite hard on my bikes[^]

Speed is your friend and you can't get hurt in the Air!!!
  • If you can be bothered with the selling and posting, then you'll probably get more money splitting it. Those parts are likely to sell on ebay for good money quite quickly IMO.

<font color="red">Photos</font id="red"> Maxlight XC<font color="red">></font id="red"><font color="black">120</font id="black">
  • GYP
    GYP Posts: 151
    My old bike is a Trek Fuel 2004 90.

When you get on the meta 5.5 its a different world. I think my bike will sell better as a full bike rather than stripping it down. I saw a new fuel 90 frame in coed y brenin bike shop for œ350-œ400. Some racer may want it for œ150 - œ200

Maybe swap the shimano stuff over and the wheelset. Forks would need to change though.Seatpin is bigger on the Meta. 31.6mm. Brakes will go over too. You would still be looking at about œ1300 to œ1400think.Trouble is you start off with good intentions on parts and discipline goes right out the window as the wallet gets a pounding [:(].Bling bling bling...lol

<center>Me</center><center>Commencal Meta 5.5</center>
  • I would depdendent on the state of the parts sell them all on ebay you will make 3 times as much as the standard bike