Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • Clunkwmb
    Clunkwmb Posts: 26
    Cheers for the link.

Looks like hardly any joke names too.
  • dogthomson
    dogthomson Posts: 559
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">you're_having_laugh__cyclists_should_be_tax_MORE!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What a tosser!

"I like big <i>hills</i> and I cannot lie..."
  • i have signed the pertition i think it is a good idea to be honest might get more people use bikes rather than cars for there comute,[?]

My GT

feel free to add me if you have got msn,
  • ukcraigb
    ukcraigb Posts: 113
    Good call, thanks for the link.

Craig.
  • Signed, I think that's a good idea.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • Capt. Jon
    Capt. Jon Posts: 2,202
    Govt removes tax from bikes, bike shops keep prices the same...?

TyMBR

Support the UK bike industry
    If you don't like what i've posted assume there is a winking smilie next to it you simpleton ;-)
    TyMBR

- Support the UK bike industry -
    "You don't get that at trail centres"
  • A 17.5% discount on a new bike is not going to get people out of cars. Cycling is not a alternative form of mass transportation, it is a leisure activity.
    More environmental impact could be made by removing VAT from LCD televisions, because they are more efficient than CRTs.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Hmm, not sure I totally agree ther Boris. If you look at it as a leisure activity, then more people on bikes means; healthier people who spend less time watching telly. Therfore less environmental impact.....

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Getting people out of their cars isn't my top priority. Call me a selfish git but getting cheaper bikes and parts is!

Jon Steed - the not so New Avenger

My Bike and stuff
    The Bearpit
    My Vid
    www.moredirt.co.uk
  • Likewise! Cheaper bikes means I can afford a better one!!

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • buuurpwmb
    buuurpwmb Posts: 32
    Nice 1, signed! Got to agree with previous posts tho, not bothered if it gets other people on bikes, so long as my next purchase is cheaper[:D]!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Getting people out of their cars isn't my top priority. Call me a selfish git but getting cheaper bikes and parts is!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

jon, your a selfish git[:D]! (and i agree with you whole heartedly)
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Self, self, self.......[:D]

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • ED209
    ED209 Posts: 174
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BorisSpencer</i>
    More environmental impact could be made by removing VAT from LCD televisions, because they are more efficient than CRTs.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ha ha that's backwards; an LCD TV will never saved more electricity in use than was required in its manufacture.....never mind the impact of dumping 1,000,000s of CRTs into landfill!

This is a great petition. An example of exactly how taxation should be used to drive behaviour [:)]

<font size="1">GT Aggressor XC2 - lovingly crafted by the artisans at Halfords with the addition of XT hydraulic brakes, M520 pedals, Ritchey Ergo foam grips and my old nice and comfy Spesh BG saddle</font id="size1">
    <font size="1">GT Aggressor XC2 - lovingly crafted by the artisans at Halfords with the addition of XT hydraulic brakes, M520 pedals, Ritchey Ergo foam grips and my old nice and comfy Spesh BG saddle</font id="size1">
  • steve134
    steve134 Posts: 20
    signed...[:D]
  • Hmmmm...... cheaper bike bits... Hmmmm......

Signed... :o)

KP
    Custom Trance
    PUSHED
    Flickr
    <center>
    KP
    -Custom Trance-
    -PUSHED-
    -Flickr-
    -My Lady\'s Custom FSR XC-
    -Dirty Mongrel!-
    FaceBook
    </center>
  • Unklehomer
    Unklehomer Posts: 646
    signed...
    can't see it happening, no VAT on a 500 pound Fork? all in favour but doesn't seem fair, really

<center>I ride cos i like it and I'll ride where i like!
    Me and My GT
    Snowy</center>
    <center>I ride cos i like it and I'll ride where i like.</center>
  • Sidey
    Sidey Posts: 183
    All signed thanx for the link [:)]
  • Slayerwmb
    Slayerwmb Posts: 5
    All done, thanks for link
  • Vegeeta
    Vegeeta Posts: 6,411
    I don't want to get out of my car. I find it infinately more useful than a bike as a form of transport.

For example: Tommorow I want to go to Eastbourne (20 minutes drive, 40 minutes bus ride) with a friend of mine. She has a medical condition which means she gets tired very quickly.
    From experiance I know that if we take the bus we can get a maximum of 2 hours in Eastbourne to do what we want.
    If we take my car, which is far more restful for her we can stay much longer and if needs be she can sleep in the car on the way home.

If we had to cycle to Eastbourne, our trip would not be possible at all.

- I can't carry all my shopping on my bike easily.
    - I get wet on my bike.
    - My bike generally gets me about at around 15-20mph. Even on slow roads my car does 30mph.
    - I don't have to be <i>quite</i> so careful where my car is parked (that is I don't need to find a suitable lamp post and/or take the wheels off).
    - To drive my car gets me from point A to point D without having to walk from A - B and from C - D.
    - I could never ride my bike anywhere like where I want to go on holiday, not least because it can't carry luggage.
    - On long journeys, I couldn't stand using the dreadful public transport we have.

Don't get me wrong, I avoid using my car for short journeys and I commute to work by train (much to my detest)... but it is still definately the best form of transport.

17.5% of bikes is useful though!

<center><font color="black">A</font id="black"> <font color="red">red</font id="red"> <font color="black">Aireal Symetech XC rear hub!</font id="black"> <font color="black">Aireal EV-2 headset!</font id="black"> <font color="black">A</font id="black"> <font color="blue">blue</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Aireal Symetech hub!</font id="black"></center>
    <center><font color="orange">AIREAL AUSTRALIA</font id="orange"></center>

<center>[:)] [:D] [8D] [:I] [:p] [}:)] [;)] [:o)] [B)] [8] [:(] [8)] [:0] [:(!] [xx(] [|)] [:X] [^] [V] [?]</center>
    Rule 64:

Cornering confidence generally increases with time and experience. This pattern continues until it falls sharply and suddenly.

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/
  • signed, cant see it happening though
  • GYP
    GYP Posts: 151
    Sod that i just bought mine..........Oh all right then...Bah!
  • Done.

<hr noshade size="1"><b><center>24Seven</center></b>
    <b><center>Merlin</center></b>
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    Most ignorant Cagers would consider a œ79.99 full-sus bike from Asda as a suitable bike for commuting. So I can't see the removal of VAT as being too influential in getting people out of their cars.
    It would be fantastic for me though!
  • I've just taken advantage of a similar thing. Bike to work scheme where your employer and LBS are in partnership.

Max of a grand to spend and the cost is taken out of your wage in 12 or 18 monthly (in my case)installments.

VAT, income tax and N.I is taken off and it's worked out i pay 53% of the instore price all told. Government run scheme.

Ride fast, die young
    Ride fast, die young
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    There was a petition on this very subject not so long ago and it never got anywhere, the govt actually said they couldnt drop VAT for some technical BS reason i cant rememebr off the top of my head.

I'd like to see this yes but im afraid people in the real world it will NEVER happen no matter how many people sign the petition.

We're all nothing at all to the govt so they certainly wont be helping or treating us fairly im afraid :evil:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    31565d1270489092-little-known-facts-regarding-world-war-2-holy-thread-resurrection.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Has the link disappeared?