kraken brakes(tektro ios) and hubs

Unknown
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
has anyone got theirs to run with no/virtually no rubbing? ive spent ages trying to reduce the rub on mine but its still really bad. ive undone the piston as far as i can but they still rub. also my hubs are really unsmooth. ive been told they are either too tight or too dry. ive only had the bike from new for 5 months of light use so was a liitle suprised by this or is it normal. what sort of hubs are they? they have a black rubber seal which when removed has a hexagona;l bolt head type thing inside.
thanks

Comments

• skukza
    skukza Posts: 105
    have you checked the rotors are straight and running true?
  • Stewwmb
    Stewwmb Posts: 257
    I also had the same setup. Try centreing the calipers as best you can, then try and adjust the pads as close as you can where you can still see some daylight between the pad and the disk. Even with lots of tweaking i still find my rear disk catches at speed.

As for the hubs they are pretty rubbish you could try taking the wheels to your lbs and getting them to look at the hubs for you. They may be able to free them up some what. But unless you have the correct tools i wouldnt try and loosen them yourself.

Or you could do what i did and get a new wheelset the set i got from merlin transformed the bike, also currently in the market for some new disk brakes too [:D]

<hr noshade size="1"><center><b><font color="red">>Me Bike<</font id="red"></b></center><center><b><font color="red">>What Mountain Bike Flickr Photo Group<</font id="red"></b></center>