Tora 302 vs MX Pro?

2»

Comments

• Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Big enough difference to make a purchase worthwhile supersonic? Reason is I have been tempted to upgrade V's to LX discs you see.

Well off home now, cheers lads for all your help, anything I have missed or need to know, leave on here and I will check tomorrow....thanks!!!
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012
  • Girth
    Girth Posts: 148
    I have the 06 302's and overall i am very impressed with them.
    As others have said it depends on your use, if its normal xc riding they are a good fork. I am a big rider so have them opened out to 130mm with the rebound set right for me and there is very little bob on the ups. One this is i occasionally bottom the fork out over flowing jumps and drops. I aren't doing them any good i admit as i think they have loosened off a little over the 9 months i have had them, but i am quite a big rider so you can't hold that against them. A good coil fork i think if you use it for its intended purpose.
  • Aux1
    Aux1 Posts: 865
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kestrel_daos</i>

It really depends on what your bike is. If it's an XC bike, 130mm will feel really slow, but will probably be ok for the occassional steep downhill.

<font color="blue">Giant XTC SX '06</font id="blue">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I could use extra travel for speedy descents, but my bike came with a 100mm fork, and I wonder if a n U-turn one at 130mm would somehow put too much strain on the frame, or just alter geometry? Because that kind of altering on a downhill would actually be good! I could use 85mm for climbs, 100 for general conditions and 120-130 for big descents... if my frame can handle it that is!

<font size="1">To clip or not to clip, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind of men to suffer the dings and contusions of unclipp'd riding, or to bind thy feet against a sea of gnarly singletrack and by these contraptions, ride o'er them with ease. To clip... to slip no more, and by clipping to end the buttache and the thousand natural shocks that ryders are heir to; tis a consummation devoutly to be honed. No clip - to slip perchance to be thrashed most heinously...</font id="size1">

KTM Ultra Flite 2007
  • I'm in the same sort of position as Coolnick and looking to upgrade my suntour fork. The lighter weight 302 air appeals to me and I found this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=12878

Is this the fork that Supersonic was talking about that is as rare as rocking horse poop?

Also, does it have some sort of lockout?

Cheers.

I love deadlines, especially the "woosh" they make as they fly by.
  • Can the forks on the link previous fit most bikes? Like the Mongoose Tyax?
  • yes.

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">
    My Pictures.
    Pinkbike Album.
    <center><font size="1">
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

<font color="brown"> Sheldon Brown</font id="brown"> <font color="blue">Park Tools!</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Spoke Calculator</font id="black">
    older than an old thing that is very old</font id="size1"></center>
    [?] Mail me!
  • I have to be honest, i've never "met" a man that has so easily convinced me to part with œ120. Congratulations Supersonic!

I'm just waiting impatiently to get them and fit them.