Delamere

RSMarcowmb
RSMarcowmb Posts: 83
edited May 2007 in Routes
Had a drive upto Delamere yesterday evening just to see what is available, seeing as it's so local to me. The map shows 2 x trails, which are classed as easy.

The thing is, there seems to be a lot of notices and comments on forums that Delamere is under threat or something and that parts of the trail are not maintained..?

Can anyone advise and tell me what Delamere has to offer Mountain biking..?

Marco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8064592@N02/507665113/

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I was there 2-3 weeks ago for the first time....
    There has been some dispute with the FC apparently, and this has caused parts of their website to be shutdown.
    The forest is rideable, lots of singletrack off the forest roads themselves. Some you'll miss, unless you know the area, and I don't!
    Certainly all the parts I rode were rideable, with only one part that I had any difficulty with due to erosion and that was down to a slightly poor line choice more than anything. Best to just go and have an explore really. But look out for Northwest/ Cheshire threads, as there is a good chance we'll organise another ride for there in the near future.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • RSMarcowmb
    RSMarcowmb Posts: 83
    Cheers.

I think I will just have an evening around there soon and just ride as much as I can. Would of been nice if there was some good singletrack marked out though.

I see that the FC have shut down sections of the bike club site and the 'north shore' section had a notice on it last night saying it was closed for repair, but it looked like it had not even been touched..?

Cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8064592@N02/507665113/
  • juankerrwmb
    juankerrwmb Posts: 611
    Colin from the Delamere Bike Club posts at the MBUK forums - if you search for Delamere there, you'll probably find more info. I would advise just to ignore any signs at Delamere regarding sections being shut and get out and ride. If you want to mail me I can send you a .jpg of the "official" 11 mile XC loop, which is mainly singletrack. It is is quite difficult to follow though to be honest, even with a GPS.