Gone and snapped somethin'

MarEll
MarEll Posts: 4
edited May 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey

New to the forum and not exactly an expert with bike maintenance so please excuse any noobyness.[:)]

Was riding to work the other day and the part of frame that my derailleur fixes onto snapped off! (dont ask me how lol) Anyway what I wanted to know was- is this part replaceable and if so whats it called for when I'm buying one lol.

Here's a pic to help explain what I going on about.

Comments

• Capt. Concussion
    Capt. Concussion Posts: 1,585
    Welcome.
    I trust you are referring to your rear derailleur!!!! [:0]
    Simply called a rear mech hanger and is designed to fail rather than bending your frame. [:I]

Derek.

(Where did that bloody tree come from??)

My Orange 5 Pro
    Derek.
  • it is a mech hanger, they are frame specific, so look for one for your frame, they do cost quite a bit though, around œ20

My Scott

My Single Speed

Always remember to pick your Uni according to the local trails or you'll be stuck with nowhere to ride for three years!
  • MarEll
    Thanks for your quick reply. Now I know what to ask for in the local bike shop.

Edit: Found some on wigglethey seem to vary quite abit in price. How do I know which is suitable for mine. Its a Muddyfox...crest I think
  • Capt. Concussion
    Capt. Concussion Posts: 1,585
    Safest option is to speak to a Muddy Fox dealer or e-mail Muddy Fox themselves.

Derek.

(Where did that bloody tree come from??)

My Orange 5 Pro
    Derek.
  • I don't know, but being frame specific if you go to where you got the bike from then you can order a spare, anywhere that sells muddy fox bike should be able to get you one.

My Scott

My Single Speed

Always remember to pick your Uni according to the local trails or you'll be stuck with nowhere to ride for three years!
  • MarEll
    Thanks for all your help. Dealer has closed down but I've sent an email to muddyfox.