Cannondale 08...Just when i had my mind sorted

gbc
gbc Posts: 27
edited June 2007 in MTB buying advice
on buying the Stumpy Elite, i saw these photos of the new 2008 models for the Cannondale...(in a portuguese forum)

http://www.forumbtt.net/index.php/topic,19070.0.html

They look very nice. The Scapel...amazing (but i can imagine the price)
But the Rush 5 looks very nice aswell...
Well, i guess we have to wait for the Specialized 2008 aswell.

Never thought that buying a bike could be this difficult.
Specially when the brands start to show the next year models so soon. (if its 2008, they should show them in 2008...lol)

Opinions...

gbc
gbc

Comments

• VERY nice! Especially that carbon Rush.

<hr noshade size="1">My Kona [the new one]
  • gbc
    gbc Posts: 27
    Already?...Maybe in January of 2008 we will be able to get the 2009 models then...

Thanks a lot...

Im between the Rush 5, the Stumpy Elite and the Scott MC 40...
    more for the Stumpy...seems to have better specs...

Any opinions, feel free...and thanks

gbc
    gbc
  • Seagull
    Seagull Posts: 2,814
    I have had a cannondale before, and I know many who currently own one. The big difference when buying a cannondale, and brands such as rocky mountain, is that the frames are a class apart from brands such as Trek, Spesh etc. The attention to detail on the frame and paintwork are very high on a cannondale so thats where the money is going. In many ways you are getting the same quality as a custom built frame in a complete bike package; as with custom builds if you want the higher spec then you need to spend more money. It will make a good base to upgrade on though.

my photos NYM biking routes My full Suss My Hardtail
  • As far as off the peg bikes go the brand I dream to own has always been Cannondale.

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by allyharp</i>

VERY nice! Especially that carbon Rush.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

that carbon rush is amaizing, but i bet it cost a bomb though

My GT

feel free to add me if you have got msn,
  • globalfish
    globalfish Posts: 26
    The Cannondale is super sexy - even has white Avids to match the forks. Looks so sweet that i'm tempted to buy it myself!
    Iron Horse Azure Expert
    Giant Trance 3
    Scott G-Zero FX
  • leej75
    leej75 Posts: 1
    I've just bought myself a nice new 08 Rush 5. I went to my lbs all set to by a Stumpy FSR comp when the nice man behind the counter showed me the new Rush. I was in lurve. Unfortunately living in Yorkshire I haven't had much chance to go out in the last couple of days.
  • Wolf
    Wolf Posts: 989
    Uoooooooh!!! Biii- iuuuuuu- tiful..... i need a new bike [:(]

Marin Eldridge Grade 07
    GT Avalanche 1.0 07