North West! Cheshire!

proximo
proximo Posts: 785
edited May 2007 in Routes
Hi Peeps! hope you all been ok while i've been away! any hoo, i'm back now and i've noticed the threads have died a bit so lets try to keep this one going a bit!

29th May Rivington Pike - all welcome "ratty2k" is sorting out a meeting point for the ride which will be at approx' 5.30 - 6.00 pm

16th June Llandegla - charity XC/DH comp be there at 10am to register œ12 to enter inc' soup "N" roll all proceeds go to "Fire Brigade Benevolant Fund"

Remember to keep us informed of any rides you been on, be safe![;)]

he who dares wins!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7357821@N06/

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Yo Proxi! Errm not quite me thats come up with it, but look in the "routes and holidays" for a map of where to park re: Rivington Pike. Also Start time has been delayed till 6.30pm To give those of you who will be working that day chance to get sorted out.

Big P gave us these, so see you all there! I'm a definate, my mate says he'll go and Proxi and BigP hopefully we can get a few more? I'm hoping that Serx72 to show with his mate as well.
    Anymore want to show please do!
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... srf&dn=765
    and
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... &ay=414445

Unfortunately, work demands mean I'm unable to attend the Llandegla day on the 16th. Bummer!

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    i'm still on, and my missus is coming too

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7282897@N03/

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • ratty2k
    I was hoping you'd come back to us, we need a guide! Proxi will no doubt mention me getting lost 10 miles from home on our last ride out- Bugger, got not always type whats in my head- bugger done it again ahhh.. No stop now.....

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• SerX72
    SerX72 Posts: 76
    Rivington 6:30 is good for me , finish work at 5:30 (Runcorn) so if the traffic is kind (half-term) then should do it easy.

Going to Llandegla straight from work tomorrow if anyone's interested, should be there around 6-6:30, I hear the detours now gone..
  • proximo
    lost? who got lost? lol oh yeh, ratty did! hehe, ah cant wait to extend our MTB family!

he who dares wins!

• Santibes
    Santibes Posts: 46
    Can't make Rivington - I just mangled my rear mech & hanger this morning in Delamere & can't get a new hanger until Tuesday PM.

I'd be up for Llandegla one night wed/thur next week. assuming i can fix my bike by then!
  • clairewmb
    clairewmb Posts: 36
    Can't make it during the week as at work till 7[:(] but will be up for any weekend rides.

Claire
  • ratty2k
    Heh, the one thing I'm restricted on- weekends! Too much work unfortunately, we'll see how many turn up for this, and arrange another ride in the near future.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• SerX72
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Santibes</i>

Can't make Rivington - I just mangled my rear mech & hanger this morning in Delamere & can't get a new hanger until Tuesday PM.

I'd be up for Llandegla one night wed/thur next week. assuming i can fix my bike by then!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Went Delamere tonight to test my memory of the route we did...ooops lol no chance...must have done something close though as I kept finding it again. (think I may have Ratty's sense of direction!)

I'm up for Llandegla next Thurs, finish work at 5 so can be there from 6 onwards.
  • Santibes
    Will post nearer thursday for evening ride (bike repair pending!)

Also Saturday AM (Llandegla/Delamere) if anyone else is up for it.
  • ratty2k
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SerX72</i>
    Went Delamere tonight to test my memory of the route we did...ooops lol no chance...must have done something close though as I kept finding it again. (think I may have Ratty's sense of direction!)

Heh, what? east is white black is down....... see you at Rivington? If I manage to get there......... ah, does actually look pretty easy to get to on the maps. Looking forward to it guys and girl/s, just hope the weather holds out for us.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• big_p
    if you need written directions give me a shout!!

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • proximo
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by claire</i>

Can't make it during the week as at work till 7[:(] but will be up for any weekend rides.

Claire

[;)][;)][;)]every sunday morning. delamere usually but would give anything a go!

he who dares wins!

• ratty2k
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by big p</i>

if you need written directions give me a shout!!

www.groovytribe.co.uk

As I mentioned, looked at the maps, and it is pretty straight forward. I'm quite happy I'll get there! I was going to contact you via PM to give you my mobile No just in case of traffic or other small problems, but the email thats registered is works and I'm not able to get to that, gonna see if I can change the email address in my profile......

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Bazmati
    Bazmati Posts: 26
    Hi guys i can make it for about 6.30, are you meeting on the road up to Rivi barn?
  • ratty2k
    Bazmati,
    look near the top of the pevious page, and the maps for where to meet are there. Look out for me and one of my mates in a Silver Fiesta, with my Trek and his Maxlite. I'm leaving my house at 5 pm. I know what the traffic is like on the motorways at that time, so there will be a bit of give and take with the times.

My Pics Updated!

Forgot to mention, got to work Monday[:(!] But at least I can email a few people with my contact details..... Big P etc...
    My Pics !

• Bazmati
    Bazmati Posts: 26
    Cheers ratty2k, i know where that is. i'll be in a silver merc vito van, its hard to miss.
  • ratty2k
    Ok, I'll be on the look out for you. Might want to have a good nosey at the van as well. My Punto's getting battered carrying bikes and I'm considering a van.......

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• proximo
    [V]Can't make it to Rivington[xx(] just looked at the flight times for my MTB holiday in Rhodes[:p][:p] check in at 4am wednesday, so i'll have to set off from home at 3am which means i'll have to be up for 2am[xx(]

hope you all have a great ride out at Rivi' make sure you report back. also i'll have some nice pics from rhodes when i get back on the 6th june![;)]

he who dares wins!

• ratty2k
    Awww didums![:D] needs his sleep bless him......
    Hope you have a good 'un! Lets get another organised when you get back.

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• clairewmb
    clairewmb Posts: 36
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[;)][;)][;)]every sunday morning. delamere usually but would give anything a go!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

We'll need to organise something once you get back off hols.[:)]

Claire
  • big_p
    just checking if we're still on for tomorow at rivington @ 6;30

www.groovytribe.co.uk
  • I'd Love to come; I'm off school haha! Got no way of getting down though[:(] I'll see what <i>tombate911</i> is doing tomorrow.

How far is the ride round riv. pike??

Do excuse my 'Slang' from time to time......

My Pinkbike Album
    Myspace!
    MSN Address - rdixon93@hotmail.co.uk
  • ratty2k
    Seem to remember 16 miles getting mentioned......? Different thread?
    Just wondering if everyones still up for it?
    Me and a mate (Ste) are def. going. Guess I'll see you all up there. Just wondering what the trails are like?

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• SerX72
    I'll be there, leave work at 5:30 (will try and leave a touch earlier) so should get there by 6:30.
  • SerX72
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Santibes</i>

Did you manage to sort out the Bike ? , heading for Llandegla Thursday eve around 6....Anyone else up for it ?
  • ratty2k
    Planning on a road ride sometime this week,so I'll give it a miss. But next week??

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

• Santibes
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SerX72</i>

Did you manage to sort out the Bike ? , heading for Llandegla Thursday eve around 6....Anyone else up for it ?

Picked up parts yesterday but couldn't do the work due to rain & bank holiday drunkeness!

going to fix tonight & will confirm tomorrow for thursday
  • SerX72
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ratty2k</i>

Planning on a road ride sometime this week,so I'll give it a miss. But next week??

My Pics Updated!

Sounds good, I usually get down there once a week anyway.

BTW I've pm my mobile number to you, didn't want you hanging around If I get delayed in a big way....

Good to see the weather has changed [:)]
  • ratty2k
    Yep, great bit of weather! PM is to my works PC, not at work at the moment, so wont get it till tomorrow!

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !