Llandegla

Marin Menace
Marin Menace Posts: 20
edited July 2007 in Routes
Just want to say how great the trails at Coed-y-Llandelga are. Really fast and flowing, lots of berms. A great cafe too.

Comments

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Yep, can recommend the OAP burger!!

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Certainly are, got me seriously back into mountain biking last summer when I used to live 9 miles down the road. I was there up to 4 times a week, those were the days. Now it's a rare treat 250 mile away :(
  • I was there at the weekend. Great trails just don't forget some eye protection to fend off the swarms of midges in the trees on a hot day!

http://www.lostteam.com
  • I rode it for the first time last Friday. It was fantastic, one of the most enjoyable trails I've ridden. Found the staff in the bike shop a bit grumpy though and the guy in the cafe took ages to serve people but only minor moans as the riding was great. [:)]

<font size="1"> <font color="red">Kinesis Maxlight XC Pro II</font id="red"> <font color="blue">Merlin Malt 1 Ltd Edition</font id="blue">
    <font color="green">New Cove Hustler!</font id="green"> <font color="purple">Norfolk/Suffolk biking</font id="purple"> </font id="size1">
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Yup Llandegla is an absolute grin fest but and theres allways a but I wish people who ride full sus bikes wouldnt slam on the brakes entering a berm all the braking bumps are a bit of a pain for us xc hardtail riders this especially applies to the twit riding a marin last sunday I nearly ran into the back of him 3 times get a hardtail and learn to ride before you spend 2 grand on a bouncer [B)]
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • MeMateDave
    MeMateDave Posts: 17
    Yeah I know what you mean about the full susser posse, too many with all the gear and no idea.

Hit the Llandegla trial (red) on Sat morning after quite a few years out the game, set with a nice new hardtail ready to muck things up. Gotta say was reasonably impressed by the trial. Was some easy open fire road to start where it was cool to chat with mates and get into the swing again.

Overall there was a good mix of single track, downhills and twisty berms sections. Would have liekd more DH for the amount we climbed but can't complain too much. Was also impressed how good the ground was after 2 weeks of continual rain, it was muddy in places but not bad at all, certainly not a neck-breaker!

Cafe was nice and friendly and there was a bike wash, would reccomend to anyone within 1.5-2 hrs drive.
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    MeMateDave wrote:
    Yeah I know what you mean about the full susser posse, too many with all the gear and no idea.

Hit the Llandegla trial (red) on Sat morning after quite a few years out the game, set with a nice new hardtail ready to muck things up. Gotta say was reasonably impressed by the trial. Was some easy open fire road to start where it was cool to chat with mates and get into the swing again.

Overall there was a good mix of single track, downhills and twisty berms sections. Would have liekd more DH for the amount we climbed but can't complain too much. Was also impressed how good the ground was after 2 weeks of continual rain, it was muddy in places but not bad at all, certainly not a neck-breaker!

Cafe was nice and friendly and there was a bike wash, would reccomend to anyone within 1.5-2 hrs drive.

You weren't riding a red Carrera were you?
  • MeMateDave
    Carrera - ha nothanks

Just invested in a new Specialized Rockhopper Comp.......

Were you there?
  • juankerr
    MeMateDave wrote:
    Carrera - ha nothanks

Just invested in a new Specialized Rockhopper Comp.......

Were you there?

Yeah, I was riding the demo bikes and nearly had a minor collision with a fella on a brand new Carrera. Oops!! - will stick to my hardtail next time I think.

Nice bike by the way - nearly got one myself.
  • MeMateDave
    Ta - its not bad so far.

I noticed a lot of the demo bikes were Santa Cruz babies - how'd they hold up?
  • juankerr
    MeMateDave wrote:
    Ta - its not bad so far.

I noticed a lot of the demo bikes were Santa Cruz babies - how'd they hold up?

I rode a Superlight - I wanted a go on a Blur XC, but the crank fell off before I could have a go:(

The Superlight was a lovely little bike, it fitted me like a glove and was very fast...it was nice enough that I was looking to see if I could afford one when I got home...

I can't.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    its a good ride, but i do agree about the braking bumps.some of the berms on the first and second black sections are covered in them. im finding that i have to brake before i get to them, as braking in them makes them worse, and its also rather uncomfortable braking on the bumps. i havent done just the red sections, i havent gone round without doing the black.

tbh, you dont really need that much fitness, i know i dont, and the only part i have to push is at badgers rise, the really steep and switchbacky part of the second black. that part is the 'hop off and push' part. lol.