Cable routing.

Super Nuts4fsr
Super Nuts4fsr Posts: 382
edited June 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Right, a little question/poll type topic.

Gear and brake cables:

How do you route yours?

My bikes are DC jobbies. I route my gear cable (right hand) round the LEFT hand side of the head tube (when sitting on bike) and the rear brake cable round the right hand side of the head tube. I Cross the cables over just before the 1st cable stop/ ziptie point on the down/top tube.

I find it makes better runs, less sharp bends, <b>and looks a damned sight better</b>
[Edit]
I spent ages getting the cables right on MY FSR. Played with the lenghts to such an extent, i can't even change the spacers on the headtube now, not that I need to.
[/Edit]
On my commuter, with 2 shifter cables, I run them the opposite side of the head tube to the shifter.

I just played with my <s>new</s> loaned bike and layed the cables out like this. Flows better, and kinks less.

Another little fix Ben, along with the micro adjuster of the shifter[:D]
How do you do yours?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Whyamihere</i>

<center>You'reonefreakyfu<u></u>ckingbas<u></u>tardPhil.</center><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<center><b>Forum Scariest Person 2007</b></center>
quote "Whyamihere"
You're one freaky fucking bastard Phil.

Comments

• Dean
    Dean Posts: 3,259
    *Checks picture* Right hand the same side as its a bi<s></s>tch any other way due to the linkage and routing mounts.

Racing the new v10

Myspace
  • JammyH
    JammyH Posts: 929
    Due to the routing on the demo, I run the RH shifter cable down the right hand and the rear brake down the left.

<font color="pink">James x</font id="pink">
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DJIP</i>

Your bike reminds me of a Praying Mantis.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I brake for Scholars, Priests and no apparent reason.
    <font color="pink">James x</font id="pink">
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DJIP</i>

Your bike reminds me of a Praying Mantis.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I brake for Scholars, Priests and no apparent reason.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Always round the other side of the headtube. Better routing and better looking.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">:) README
    [url=mailto:avisforwardedemails@gmail.com?subject=MBUK Moderation]E-mail me if you think i've moderated something wrong[/url] (but don't change the subject or I won't get it)</font id="size1">
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    my dot5.1 [sarcasm]brake cables[/sarcasm] work very well, so does my sram stock cable that came with my x-9 shifters.

<b><font color="red"> MON BICI!!
    myspaz</b></font id="red">
    BatRacer
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    I run Right hand shifter and left hand brake together down the frame. i can cable tie the whole thing together so A) it doesnt snag. And B) it looks a bit neater [:)]

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike