What a wasted trip

skamanfrank
skamanfrank Posts: 615
edited June 2007 in The Crudcatcher
[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Went into town to buy some games because I'm slowly going insane here.

Picked up TOCA (race driver) 2, Hitman 2 and Colin McRae 4 for a tenner, and FIFA 07 for œ15........
Great!

Except:
Fifa won't install because DirectX 9.0c won't download- I have 9.0b
Hitman 2 is sh<s></s>it- Mouse movement is terrible and it's such a sloooooooooooooooow game
TOCA 2 isn't the same TOCA 2 I thought it was, I wanted the original TOCA- aka Touring car championship game. I can't stand the new "race driver" TOCAs

The only I haven't got left to try is bloody Colin McRae 4, which will probably turn out to have a glitch resulting in a nuke being targetted, armed and fired towards my chuffing room!

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
<center><b>2007 Forum Sexiest Member</b></center>
<center>Myspace</center>
<div align="right"><font size="1">STILL laughing at: <font color="red">Dmrsidekick2</font id="red"></font id="size1"></div id="right">
Frank

I can't be bothered to get my sig working

Comments

• jamiejim
    jamiejim Posts: 244
    Hitman 2 aint great, Get Blood Money. Much better
    MBUK
  • me_groovy
    me_groovy Posts: 2,877
    iirc, you can torrent directx9c or it should be on the cd itself.

<center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bEavoLa</i>

as i washed my nutsack with my soapy cloth i couldn't help but release a slight "Yaaaaarrrgh"...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I killed the president of paraguay with a fork. how have you been?</center>
  • skamanfrank
    Yeah Mian, tried that. It says installed, but then when you try and install the game the same corr blimeyting message pops up!

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    <div align="right"><font size="1">STILL laughing at: <font color="red">Dmrsidekick2</font id="red"></font id="size1"></div id="right">
    Frank

• dan_trials
    dan_trials Posts: 597
    And the worst thing is the Race Driver series' dont even have the BTCC in them! Which sucks really. Colin MacRae Rally 4 is quite good, but the graphics arent so great. Good for preventing insanity though.

<hr noshade size="1">
    <h6>SIGNATURE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE</h6>
  • skamanfrank
    EDIT: Actually screw that, I'm home in a couple of days

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• hazzahulme
    hazzahulme Posts: 1,321
    I'm gonna have to put my foot down here Frank...you bought FIFA over PRO EVO?????

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldmacdonald</i>

hazzahulme - Official second best font-of-all-knowledge 2007.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • skamanfrank
    I wasn't aware you could get pro evo for the PC?

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• jamiejim
    jamiejim Posts: 244
    yup, got it. It is a pretty good game, but I prefer fifa for pure fun. pro evo is good for realism though
    MBUK
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skamanfrank</i>

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Went into town to buy some games because I'm slowly going insane here.

Picked up TOCA (race driver) 2, Hitman 2 and Colin McRae 4 for a tenner, and FIFA 07 for œ15........
    Great!

Except:
    Fifa won't install because DirectX 9.0c won't download- I have 9.0b
    Hitman 2 is sh<s></s>it- Mouse movement is terrible and it's such a sloooooooooooooooow game
    TOCA 2 isn't the same TOCA 2 I thought it was, I wanted the original TOCA- aka Touring car championship game. I can't stand the new "race driver" TOCAs

The only I haven't got left to try is bloody Colin McRae 4, which will probably turn out to have a glitch resulting in a nuke being targetted, armed and fired towards my chuffing room!

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>

your aware that toca 2 had two versions?

You can buy them direct from codemasters and download. i'd take your games back and do that [;)]

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • skamanfrank
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rubber side up</i>

your aware that toca 2 had two versions?

You can buy them direct from codemasters and download. i'd take your games back and do that [;)]

They're two entirely different games.
    EDIT: and no, sadly you can't buy/download TOCA 2 from there

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• neil h
    neil h Posts: 499
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jamiejim</i>

yup, got it. It is a pretty good game, but I prefer fifa for pure fun. pro evo is good for realism though

pro evo for realism. excuse me are you drunk? none of the pro evo games have ever been that good. chosing between pro evo and fifa is like trying to decided whether you'd rather be kicked in the left or right testicle.
  • skamanfrank
    Right, found a dodgy copy of DirectX10, lets see what happens with this then....

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• hazzahulme
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neil h</i>

pro evo for realism. excuse me are you drunk? none of the pro evo games have ever been that good. chosing between pro evo and fifa is like trying to decided whether you'd rather be kicked in the left or right testicle.

haha fag

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldmacdonald</i>

• skamanfrank
    Ok, so now i have DIRECTX MOTHERFUNKING 10 installed, and Fifa is still popping up telling me I need 9,0c or higher.

Now ladies and gents, I'm really pis<s></s>sed off

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• neil h
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hazzahulme</i>

haha fag

i'm sorry ya what now?
  • skamanfrank
    He called you a fag

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• neil h
    the point of interest was more as to why?
  • skamanfrank
    Probably because he thinks you're a fag

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• neil h
    and the gold medal for observation goes to. . .
  • skamanfrank
    Well you're the one that had to ask.......

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• That means your hardware is only Direct X 9b or below?

It will be your Graphics card. What card is it? Most internals are still Direct X 8.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mbukjames</i>

Why should I shut up? I have as much <b>write</b> as you guys to say something.. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • neil h
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by skamanfrank</i>

Well you're the one that had to ask.......

Frank

well i assume it was 'cus of my comment about pro evo. Which i think was fair after playing the most recent one. which quite frankly (ha ha see what i did there) was awful.
  • hazzahulme

Probably because he thinks you're a fag

Frank

[:X]

• skamanfrank
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DirtJumper3200</i>

That means your hardware is only Direct X 9b or below?

It will be your Graphics card. What card is it? Most internals are still Direct X 8.

Balls! So my graphics card will only go upto 9.0c is whatcha saying? That's ooooooh! because it's a laptop so I'm guessing it can't be replaced/improved? [:(!]

Frank

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>Myspace</center>
    Frank

• euan_333
    euan_333 Posts: 667
    Today, I aquired Tomb Raider: Anniversary and GT4 for the PS2.

<hr noshade size="1">
    <font color="red">Euan Crawford</font id="red"><b><h6>But this one goes up to eleven...</h6></b>
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <font color="red">Euan Crawford</font id="red"><b><h6>But this one goes up to eleven...</h6></b>
  • neil h
    ah now tomb raider. those were good games.