Stumpjumper vs Hardrock....

trengot
trengot Posts: 133
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
...by weight.

I know that the stumpjumper (the hardtail one) is the lighter of the two but how much do each of them weigh?

Weight weenies is filtered at school and its not on the specialized website.(at least i couldn't find it)

I have a hardrock at the moment and was thinking about upgrading the frame as the rest s now upgraded. How noticeable would it be?

cheers

Comments

• JinjaNinja
    JinjaNinja Posts: 1,033
    Can't find the hard rock on Weight weenies. Sorry dude.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="green"><center><i>Originally posted by John</i>

It'll be like being tw<s></s>ated in the face by the 60s.</center>
    </font id="green"></font id="size1">
    <font color="brown"><center>Join us HERE!</center></font id="brown">
    logo.jpg
  • skyliner
    skyliner Posts: 613
    Depending on the year of manufacture, the SJ will be made from M4 or M5 alloy which is stronger, and can be used to make a lighter frame by using thinner walled tubesets. The HR is made from basic A1 alloy, and is made with bigger tubes with square to round profiles to add strength(but more weight).

The SJ will be lighter(not exactly sure by how much), but will also have a longer top tube & steeper angles to suit it's intended use (XC / XC race). If you want a jump/street/all rounder, it may not be suitable anyway.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
  • mmm_pie
    mmm_pie Posts: 1,934
    What frame are you looking at?

Theres a very nice Stumpy FSR going on ebay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Stump ... dZViewItem

EDIT: Ah sorry, just read the hardtail.

<hr noshade size="1"><i><font color="red">"Victory belongs to the most persevering."</i></font id="red">
    LOGO2.jpg