rear shock

tom_majski
tom_majski Posts: 432
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a DHX 3 on the back of my stinky. and although the stinky is a freeride bike, i want to set it up to be more suitable for DH. how should i set the shock up? a lot softer?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Clearly they all were raped by hordes of capitalist, communist, black Jewish liberals with excellent dance moves and gigantic penises.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

myspack

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    more sag.

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">
    My Pictures.
    Pinkbike Album.
    <center><font size="1">
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

<font color="brown"> Sheldon Brown</font id="brown"> <font color="blue">Park Tools!</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Spoke Calculator</font id="black">
    older than an old thing that is very old</font id="size1"></center>
    [?] Mail me!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dangerous Dave
    Dangerous Dave Posts: 8,349
    Start with 35% sag, then more or less depending on preference. Bottom out and rebound is up to you - depending on personal preference.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="red">[<font color="black">another random post by</font id="black">]</font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font size="2"><i><b><font color="black"><font face="Verdana">B<font color="red">i</font id="red">GDaVe</font id="Verdana"></font id="black"><font color="red">!</font id="red">[}:)]</b></i></font id="size2"><font color="black"><font size="1"><center>[}:)]<font face="Trebuchet MS">GeT Orf YeR ASs AnD RIdE A BIkE</font id="Trebuchet MS"></font id="black">[}:)]</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><font color="black">Chameleon</font id="black"> | <font color="black">RaveRacing</font id="black"> | <font color="black">Uber Gemini</font id="black"></center></font id="size1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>
    <center>As Dave and Alex raced past, someone in the other group of people said 'those two are good'. [:D]</font id="size1"></center><hr noshade size="1">
    Shut up. And ride your bike.
    Originally posted by Jon
    As Dave and Alex raced past, someone in the other group of people said 'those two are good'
  • wwjjtt
    wwjjtt Posts: 204
    the rebound should be set acording to the track your riding-if it's bumpy and rough, then you need a faster rebound so the shock can get the wheel down quick enough after it's compressed, if it's a smoother jumpy track, then slow it down to stop it bucking you over the bars. you might not notice a huge difference, but it does effect the handeling. you could try putting it to it's extremes and see what it does....but do it carefully cause it might have adverse effects.

never grow up..... just find a bigger playground!

stinky custom -> http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1372530/
    not so custom stinky->http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1341407/