Trouble on new forks

johnrowan
johnrowan Posts: 21
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
Thats my bike in my sig. I need some good forks I have RST's on atm but woundering what will look nice and perform good, i am based crosscountry/Downhiller so can anyone give me some pointers please.

Thanks

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... 230452.jpg

Comments

• XC & DH require totally different types of forks.

Which do you do more of?

How much cash are you spending on the forks?

My Bikes howies© Orange Bikes
  • mmm_pie
    mmm_pie Posts: 1,934
    Is that rear shock RST as well? Also your stem looks mighty long for any DH use.

I presume you have QR and want all-round forks. Look at Rockshox Revelations.

<hr noshade size="1"><i><font color="red">>>>> "Torrent is <font size="1"><font color="white">very slowly</font id="white"> </font id="size1">acomin" >>>>></i></font id="red">
    LOGO2.jpg
  • The Joe Show
    The Joe Show Posts: 9,413
    You don't want to be putting over 100mm of travel on that bike.

<hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="black">Twenty</font id="black">
    <font color="black">Carrera</font id="black">
    <font color="black">Nissan</font id="black">
    </font id="size1"></b> <font size="1">
    Myspazzzzz
    </font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="brown"><b>WDI</b></font id="brown"></font id="size1"></center><hr noshade size="1">
    Less gears, more beers.
  • johnrowan
    johnrowan Posts: 21
    hi, well i am looking to spen around œ100-200 so can you give me some links to some forks that you think would be alright for it?and i also do more cross country really as there not much downhill around my area that is worth changing the content of the bike

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/ ... 230452.jpg
  • Nickle1988
    Nickle1988 Posts: 51
    I would possibly look at Dirt jumper 3 frok for that. Yes i know they will not suit the bike that well but they are really strong and a good price to. There not the lightest for xc but will do it in there stride. As for downhill i reckon they will match the frame on performance quite easily being a dirt jump freeride fork. Chainreactioncycles have the for i think 170 so is still in your budget.
    p.s. There also quick release lowers so you will not have to change your hub.
    the only was to push your limits is to overstep then now and then
  • --Euan--
    --Euan-- Posts: 75
    Since you've said you do more XC than anything else, look at the marzocchi mx comp/pro or rockshox tora 318 coil u-turn. Tora may be the better choice since it has adjustable travel.

<hr noshade size="1"> My Bike
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <hr noshade size="1"> My Bike
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • CK
    CK Posts: 88
    I had a pair of marzocchi comp air which were nice and light and took my abuse from heavy nose dive landings without complaint. You can usually pick up for a reasonable price if you get an old set.
  • elmotheewokking
    elmotheewokking Posts: 2,279
    A DJ3 fork? On that?
    RS Tora's.
    Within budget, not a bad performer. But, keep it wound down to around 100mm as already stated.
    Zocchi MX Pro.
    But, I'm not entirely certain your brake caliper can be converted to post mount. Pretty sure they can, just take of the IS bracket, but I never did it myself and could be wrong.

<center>
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by i_used_2b_fukpigonabike</i>

at least it hasn't rashed like my groin.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>
  • mmm_pie
    mmm_pie Posts: 1,934
    Thought about replacing the rear shock at all?

Although that rear linkage looks uber flexy.

<hr noshade size="1"><i><font color="red">"Victory belongs to the most persevering."</i></font id="red">
    LOGO2.jpg