Specialized Big Hit

Slush
Slush Posts: 51
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
hey guys thanks for any help you could give me on this but im thinking about buying the 07 bighit frame with 8" travel at the rear. With all my money practically spent up i can only put my old forks on this frame they are manitou shermans with only 170mm travel. I was wondering if the unmathcing travels would make any difference in the ride and geometry of the bike?

Comments

• mini-eggs
    mini-eggs Posts: 811
    It will be fine, i'm running 170mm Marzocchi 66 and rides well.

<center>Big Hit Subzero

<font color="red">Ger The Biking Monkey</font id="red"></center>
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop
  • the rear travel is ajustable and can be changed to 7" travel.

this should help balence the bike out a bit better

Big Red Big Hit

Mines Better

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1055684/
    Big Red Big Hit

Mines Better

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1055684/
  • Slush
    Slush Posts: 51
    haha nice one mighty gavin..anyway thanks for the help guys.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    BTW if you search on google, i was and come across a brand new 07 frame for œ400!

<div align="right">my msisle</div id="right"><div align="left">my msn: orange_boy125@hotmail.co.uk</div id="left">
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by orangesrule</i>

BTW if you search on google, i was and come across a brand new 07 frame for œ400!

<div align="right">my msisle</div id="right"><div align="left">my msn: orange_boy125@hotmail.co.uk</div id="left">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i saw that. nearly bought it there and then [:D]

Also, 170mm forks will be fine. i'm using 150mm 66's

And i thought the travel change was only on the old big hits? specialized site says nothing of adjustable travel. all i remember is adjustable geometry.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Simple Jumper
    Simple Jumper Posts: 1,376
    170mm will be absolutely fine.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><font size="1"><font color="black">Norco. (Very Old Photo)</font id="black"> </center></font id="size1"><hr noshade size="1">