hope moto v2 bleeding issues

bangkok chick boy
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
ive just bought some v2's, and have put them on my 224 and trimmed the hoses. the levers have real bad pump up, the first pull is right down then the more you pull it the harder they get. this would suggest air in the system but ive done it 3 or 4 times now, not a bubble of air to be seen and the lever still feels weird. makes no difference where i put the bite point adjuster either. suggestions?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pads need to bed in. is the disc being moved by the pads.

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">
    My Pictures.
    Pinkbike Album.
    <center><font size="1">
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

<font color="brown"> Sheldon Brown</font id="brown"> <font color="blue">Park Tools!</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Spoke Calculator</font id="black">
    older than an old thing that is very old</font id="size1"></center>
    [?] Mail me!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    Let the pads bed in. then re-bleed if needed. you'll be surprised how much different the brake will feel when its bedded in [:)]

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • that was quick! disc is centered perfectly. i hear you on the bedding in affair but it is a hydraulic issue, the lever bite point gets further away the more you pull it, i.e like pumpimg it up, then leave it for a few seconds and it goes back to the bar again.
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    Just let the pads bed in then report back [:)]

Also, bleed a lot of fluid through it. the moto is a big brake, so theres lots of places for air to get trapped.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • murphy04
    murphy04 Posts: 179
    while bleeding the brake tap the hose and the caliper to realse traped air