Guernsey MTB is finally taking off!

Jamie@AC
Jamie@AC Posts: 752
edited May 2007 in The Crudcatcher
So this weekend we have a foreign trip to a small island just 3 miles away. Amazing course, my favourite of the season, always good weather. Theres gonna be a BBQ and beer plus an afternoon dual!

Two weeks time a big open day!

2 DH tracks, 1 Dual, 1 XC loop, technical climb, Northshore and NS drops, Technical/skills area, dirt jumps.

Fully catered marquee and a tech service area. Biggest thing of all is that Giant are coming over and bringing lots of demo bikes [:D]

This is the biggest event ever over here. All I can say is...

WOOT! [:D]

<center><font color="black"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fleapitfan</i>

Might put my own knob it, just for the craic. I reckon that's taking self harming to a new level.

"Hey, Doc. Any chance of some more Citalopram. The other day I got so depressed I ground my own knob up."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="black"></center>
<center>[:D]</center><div align="right"><font size="1"><font color="black"><b>I've donated</b></font id="black"></font id="size1"></div id="right">
"Of all the paths you chose in life, make sure some of them are dirt..."

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Bah. My small island in the North Atlantic has had World Championships in practically every international sport you could care to think of, has hosted olympics, and has more MTB events of a similar scale to the one you've mentioned than you can shake a stick at.

Bet you feel less jubilant now.
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    In other news, the French have decided to resume their underwater nuke testing under Guernsey.

Prepare for additional limbs, motherfungler.

<font size="1"><b><font color="red">QUERTY QUERTY QUERTY</font id="red"></b></font id="size1">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the abductor</i>
    ++kschhh-schhh++ Madeline, I AM your father ++kschhh-schhh++<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • Jamie@AC
    Nope. Not at all. My island is smaller, has less crime. Is a sh<u></u>it load warmer. Has more beaches than you can shake a stick at. Amazing education, free extracurricular activities such as learning an instrument. Plenty of land that can be built with either tracks or jumps. Its an exclusive island for rich people. We only have lower life forms such as chavs to clean the toilets and such like, whereas yours are dumped there just because.

<center><font color="black"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fleapitfan</i>

Might put my own knob it, just for the craic. I reckon that's taking self harming to a new level.

"Hey, Doc. Any chance of some more Citalopram. The other day I got so depressed I ground my own knob up."
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="black"></center>
    <center>[:D]</center><div align="right"><font size="1"><font color="black"><b>I've donated</b></font id="black"></font id="size1"></div id="right">
  • St.D1ckie
    St.D1ckie Posts: 982
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jamie D</i>

Nope. Not at all. My island is smaller, has less crime. Is a sh<u></u>it load warmer. Has more beaches than you can shake a stick at. Amazing education, free extracurricular activities such as learning an instrument. Plenty of land that can be built with either tracks or jumps. <b>Its an exclusive island for rich people.</b> We only have lower life forms such as chavs to clean the toilets and such like, whereas yours are dumped there just because.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

this is true.. i remember when i was in greece there was a private boat from there.. and it was bigger than the passenger ferries; and trust me they where not small ships

<hr noshade size="1">
    Fight The FC, Not Each Other

Richard
    Kona
    [LiteralBikeCo]

WMB's Dude-o
    Richard
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jamie D</i>

Nope. Not at all. My island is smaller, has less crime. Is a sh<u></u>it load warmer. Has more beaches than you can shake a stick at. Amazing education, free extracurricular activities such as learning an instrument. Plenty of land that can be built with either tracks or jumps. Its an exclusive island for rich people. We only have lower life forms such as chavs to clean the toilets and such like, whereas yours are dumped there just because.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Uk has more beeches than your little island. simply because theres more coastline

I suspect we have more cliffs to fall off as well [:)]

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • FurryNipples
    FurryNipples Posts: 1,384
    Don't you have an island wide speedlimit of 30mph?

If so, SUCK ON OUR NO SPEEDLIMITS, CO<s></s>CKF<u></u>AG.

<center>
    I Am GoingTo Eat Your Heart.</center>
    mbuksigqe7.jpg
  • Jamie@AC
    What the f<u></u>uck are you on about no speedlimits? 70 on the motorway fool!

We have a 35 in places, 25 in others. Doesn't mean we stick to them though. Not enough police to catch us!

As for the beaches, its quality not quantity. And I think if you compare the average square metre of beach to population ratio, we come out on top!

Ask anyone thats been to Guernsey during summer and they'll agree that its awesome.

• FurryNipples
    FurryNipples Posts: 1,384
    Must be thinking of Jersey then, mybad.

But currently Isle of man > Guernsey.

It's TT week. Maaaaan.

<center>
    I Am GoingTo Eat Your Heart.</center>
    mbuksigqe7.jpg
  • Jamie@AC
    After TT week. Guernsey > Isle of Man.

• bEavoLa
    bEavoLa Posts: 2,809

Nope. Not at all. My island is smaller,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    *sniggers at tiny island*

has less crime.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    only because Bergerac is on the next island!

Is a sh<u></u>it load warmer.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    bet i'm warmer than you...

Has more beaches than you can shake a stick at.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    why do you shake sticks at beaches? f*cking weirdo!

Amazing education, <b>free extracurricular activities such as learning an instrument</b>.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    flesh trombone in your case...

Plenty of land that can be built with either tracks or jumps.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    but i'm guessing it HASN'T got any tracks or jumps as you're rubbing your knob over this upcomming event - so that's not really a selling point...

Its an exclusive island for rich people.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    so was Alcatraz...

We only have lower life forms such as chavs to clean the toilets and such like, whereas yours are dumped there just because.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    but you still HAVE them...you're not so special

<center><font color="red"><font face="Arial Black">i have a shiny new bouncy bike[:D]</font id="Arial Black"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font face="Arial Black">and a shiny stiff one too![;)]</font id="Arial Black"></font id="red"></center>
    <font size="1"><center>these are the old skool</center></font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><b><center>Scott YZ1 Saracen 2.SixDMR Sidekick2Kona StabDeeLux</font id="size1"></b></center>