Whistler this Summer anyone?

Ben
Ben Posts: 5,534
edited June 2007 in The Crudcatcher
I think I'm gunna be out in Whistler for last bit of June - beginning of July.

Just been offered a space by a mate and can't really pass it down. Free bike (for the week), free accomodation, discount lift pass.

SCORE.

Anyone else out then?

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 5,288
    Want to bring me?

<hr noshade size="1">
    Chaparral
  • ruane
    ruane Posts: 268
    I'm already going - I leave the UK on the 7th of July. Although I'm only riding for the second week I'm out there - may see you out there if you go later on.
  • Ben
    I reckon you could blag a space on my mates floor with me, but youd have to pay for bike, pass etc!

360 Posts: 5,940
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just been offered a space by a mate and can't really pass it down. Free bike (for the week), free accomodation, discount lift pass.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

whos that?

anyway im whistlered out so i wont be there.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

P.s Im not doing that again.
  • Ben
    Chap called Dave Brecken. He's only just moved there from Vancouver and is having about 7 people over for a week or so.

"whistlered out" eh? S'alright for some!

sounds like he works in G1 or another rental store, i have to say i'd be thoroughly impressed if he can score you a free bike for a week mind.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

• Ben
    It's a spare bike of his mate, not a rental.

I think he's just working admin for the bike park or summit.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ben</i>

It's a spare bike of his mate, not a rental.

I think he's just working admin for the bike park or summit.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No worrys, I've just heard "im gonna get a free lift pass and bike because my buddy cleans toilets for W-B" a few too many times.

• Ben
    Ha, I've lived round mountains too long to believe that one mate!

I told him I couldn't really afford to take my bike out there, so offered his dh bike, as he'll be using his more AM bike - a rather mediocre yeti 303!

Rest of the people are Canadian and bringing their own bikes etc, so he kindly said he lend me his. Costs a damn site less than a Yeti 303 would over here....

• ian_
    ian_ Posts: 8
    to bad youll probly just miss garbonzo opening. i heard it might open on july 7
  • ruane
    ruane Posts: 268
    :o Garbanzo opening on the day I arrive. Quality - proper Quality!
  • stug
    stug Posts: 32
    goin out on 22nd August, third time we've been, cant wait. garbanzo here we come. 4 of us goin, one of which broke his neck on slayer last year. seems to have recovered and is goin back for more. thats how good it is.

Demo 7

Demo 7
  • stug
    stug Posts: 32
    ben, you say you cant afford to take your own bike, we got ours for free on the planes? check with your airline. or do you mean all the spares you will need?

Demo 7

Demo 7
  • Ben
    I spoke to BA and they said it would be more expensive...

Plus I can ride a much nicer bike than mine in Canada, without the hassle of taking my own, for free!