Bikeradar - some facts

Comments

• Keeners
    Keeners Posts: 5
    Homer's Double just wants to make sure his e-p3nor doesn't shrink overnight.

And i r t3h god of banz0rz. Fear me.

<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1"><center><font size="1"><b><font color="red">22</font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font color="black">Pirate Lord of the Carribean Sea.</center></b></font id="black"><hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1"><center><font size="1"><b><font color="red">22</font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font color="black">Pirate Lord of the Carribean Sea.</center></b></font id="black"><hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">
  • magnus
    magnus Posts: 127
    Whens the change going to happen?

Why cant everyone start from new? Abolish post counts anyway?

@________
    @______(*)
    (__)_)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,032
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Keeners</i>

Homer's Double just wants to make sure his e-p3nor doesn't shrink overnight.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Said member couldn't care less, its attitude that counts boy!

<b><font size="1"><center><font color="red">When God created mountains he meant them for climbing, not to be used as glorified toboggan runs.</font id="red"></center>
    <center> <font color="blue">Riding for <i>Team Cake </i>in 2007</font id="blue"></center></font id="size1"></b>
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    If usernames are going to be carried across,what happens when there's more than one forum with the same account name on? For example, <i>somebody</i> might have the same account name on all 5...
  • Crazy Dave C
    Crazy Dave C Posts: 7,615
    It will be rubbish and everyone will just nob off to another place.
    Whaes keys are these keys?
  • homers_double
    You're right Chris, <i>Somebody</i> might!

<b><font size="1"><center><font color="red">When God created mountains he meant them for climbing, not to be used as glorified toboggan runs.</font id="red"></center>
    <center> <font color="blue">Riding for <i>Team Cake </i>in 2007</font id="blue"></center></font id="size1"></b>
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • me_groovy
    me_groovy Posts: 2,877
    I'm tempted to re-register as just "mian"

<center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bEavoLa</i>

as i washed my nutsack with my soapy cloth i couldn't help but release a slight "Yaaaaarrrgh"...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I killed the president of paraguay with a fork. how have you been?</center>
  • JinjaNinja
    JinjaNinja Posts: 1,033
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by homers double</i>

A day before the changeover, a certain mod/admin should give certain members a boost, <b>just to show the doctors who owns the internet.</b>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by homers double</i>

You are not your fu<s></s>cking post count!

Yeah, thats what peeps on WMB are saying too!

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="green"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NeillyB</i>
    I used some blueberry flavoured one we got from the free clinic once
    NEVER AGAIN
    My penis was blue for 3 days
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="green"></font id="size1">
    <font color="brown"><center>Join us HERE!</center></font id="brown">
    logo.jpg
  • Crazy Dave C
    I've looked at the other forums to see what they think and they generally all agree that users should re-register. Surely transfering users from 4 different forums is going to be more hassle than not, especially when there will be people with the same names registered across all 4 whether they are the same person ir not. So why do are they insisting on transfering users?
  • secondtimeuser
    secondtimeuser Posts: 11,682
    I think it just needs the Exalt / Smite feature of some other forums, far more fun.

<center><u><font size="1"><font color="black"><b><i>~ Blood</i></b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b><i>, </i></b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b><i>Bunny</i></b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b><i>, </i></b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b><i>Larkhall ~</i></b></font id="black">
    <font color="black"><b>Blackspire</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Chris King</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Dark Cycles</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>DTSwiss</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Easton</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Fox</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Gu</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>ss</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>et</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Ho</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>pe</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Identiti</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Marzocchi</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Mavic</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Nokian</b></font id="black"> <font color="orange"><b>Orange</b></font id="orange"> <font color="black"><b>Race</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>Face</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>S</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>hi</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>ma</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>no</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Specialized</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>S</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>r</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>a</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>m</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Thom</b></font id="black"><font color="black"><b>son</b></font id="black"> <font color="black"><b>Velox</b></font id="black"> </font id="size1"></u></center>
  • homers_double
    ahhhh, the karma buttons.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Crazy Dave C
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Orignally posted on WMB</i>
    One though. If it all goes to one website does that mean they can charge more for the adverts given that it will be a larger customer base<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This is the reason why they are transferring accounts, rather than making people reregister.

From 4 forums:
    20769 of 63262 Members have made 51756 posts in 15 forums
    17090 of 33291 Members have made 48525 posts in 14 forums
    5659 of 12892 Members have made 28161 posts in 12 forums
    169 of 282 Members have made 1235 posts in 7 forums

Add them all up and you have over 100000 users, although some will be duplicates or aliases, and that is a much better seeling point to the advertisers than 'we have just opened the forum and have 500 users.
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Crazy Dave C</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Orignally posted on WMB</i>
    One though. If it all goes to one website does that mean they can charge more for the adverts given that it will be a larger customer base<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This is the reason why they are transferring accounts, rather than making people reregister.

From 4 forums:
    20769 of 63262 Members have made 51756 posts in 15 forums
    17090 of 33291 Members have made 48525 posts in 14 forums
    5659 of 12892 Members have made 28161 posts in 12 forums
    169 of 282 Members have made 1235 posts in 7 forums

Add them all up and you have over 100000 users, although some will be duplicates or aliases, and that is a much better seeling point to the advertisers than 'we have just opened the forum and have 500 users.

But surely if theres 4 forums, you could charge advertising space on all 4 of them. no?

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Crazy Dave C
    Yes. But as it's going to be ONE forum, they will be wanting to make as much as they can on the advertising. More users = more œ.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whyamihere</i>

For example, <i>somebody</i> might have the same account name on all 5...

[}:)]

<hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="blue">Team</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Cake</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Official</font id="blue"> <font color="blue">Rider</font id="blue">
    ><font color="green"><b>Lama Cycles</font id="green"></b><font color="green"> <i>"Attitude with Spit"</i></font id="green"> <</font id="size1">
    Official Forum Legend 2006 & 2007</b></center>
  • rubber side up
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Crazy Dave C</i>

Yes. But as it's going to be ONE forum, they will be wanting to make as much as they can on the advertising. More users = more œ.

Fair point.

Personally, i don't know whats going to happen. it could all go along smoothly. and everyone gets along.

But on the other hand. it may all go wrong, and the usual forumites gradually drift away.

Who knows what'll happen.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MCole</i>

<i>Are we going to have fun stuff like image posting?</i>
    Probably not in the forum
    Damn straight. ASCII's where it's at.

On a more serious note, couple of reuests (which I know are far too late, but I've only recently been thinking about it):

- Quick reply box _needs_ to stay. Really. No-one can really be arsed to click the 'reply to this' button every time they want to reply.
    - Active topics and active users pages are _really_ handy. Moreso the former.
    - Any chance of making it so we can ban people from their post? Currently, we need to c+p their name into the (horrendously slow) members list page, which takes an age. Also, a field for saying why they've been banned would be handy.
    - More intelligent banning? By IP, time periods, e-mail domains etc.?
    - Following on from above, can we have more intelligent searching of members lists on the new one (or just design the forum so we don't have to use it)?
    - And a proper search for the forum, too. Google and MS are making it easier to integrate their searches into webpages....

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">:) README
    [url=mailto:avisforwardedemails@gmail.com?subject=MBUK Moderation]E-mail me if you think i've moderated something wrong[/url] (but don't change the subject or I won't get it)</font id="size1">
  • whyamihere
    You're assuming, Avi, that the current admins will remain...
  • Big Red S
    Even if they/we don't, I can't be the only person who reckons the above will help with administrating?

[url=mailto:avisforwardedemails@gmail.com?subject=MBUK Moderation]E-mail me if you think i've moderated something wrong[/url] (but don't change the subject or I won't get it)</font id="size1">
  • Crazy Dave C
    What will happen if you are registered aross the different forums with different usernames but the same e-mail address, as you are only allowed one account per e-mail address. Which username will be used?
  • Big Red S
    You remember when the forum used to keep falling over?

That again.

• whyamihere
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Big Red S</i>
    Even if they/we don't, I can't be the only person who reckons the above will help with administrating?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">True, those improvements would help a massive amount.
  • Crazy Dave C
    If each existing forum has it's own section I would have thought that the current mods/admins would be the mods/admins for the respective sections.
  • rubber side up

If each existing forum has it's own section I would have thought that the current mods/admins would be the mods/admins for the respective sections.

agreed. or at least i sincerely hope so [:)] the current mods are cool. which is lucky, i've been on too many forums with a nazi-like admin/moderating team.

• jamiejim
    jamiejim Posts: 244
    hopefully
    MBUK
  • JinjaNinja
    Saw on WMB that admins are going to be the same, aparently

As manwel would say "i know nothing!"

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="green"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NeillyB</i>
    NEVER AGAIN
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="green"></font id="size1">
    logo.jpg
  • Crazy Dave C
    And will I be able tp put my website into my signature and it be able to work when you click on it, because I can't at the minute I can't without it screwing up bigtime.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whyamihere</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Big Red S</i>
    Even if they/we don't, I can't be the only person who reckons the above will help with administrating?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">True, those improvements would help a massive amount.

as would a better search function in the members area. ie by mail addy or registering IP etc....

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">
    My Pictures.
    Pinkbike Album.
    <center><font size="1">
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

<font color="brown"> Sheldon Brown</font id="brown"> <font color="blue">Park Tools!</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Spoke Calculator</font id="black">
    older than an old thing that is very old</font id="size1"></center>
    [?] Mail me!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • JinjaNinja
    Well g a y isn't filtered.

NEVER AGAIN
    logo.jpg
  • Big Red S
    Yeah, that's what I meant by 'more intelligent'. I don't see any reason why we couldn't search by any of the stored fields.