wheel choices

gbarnewall
gbarnewall Posts: 63
edited May 2007 in MTB general
hello,i was just looking for a new set of wheels to replace my old sun rhynos,i ride trails with a couple of smallish jumps,i started looking at dt swiss ex1750's but then just got swamped by the million other choices out there,does anyone have any recommendations or advice

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    budget?

xm321's on pro 2's?

<div align="right">my msisle</div id="right"><div align="left">my msn: orange_boy125@hotmail.co.uk</div id="left">
  • gbarnewall
    sorry, the ex1750's are around œ450 - œ500 so i wouldn't pay much more
  • Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet Posts: 1,064
    œ450-œ500 is a huge amount to pay for wheels IMO - i spent less on my whole bike! :o
    having said thatr, my bike is pretty crap atm

'06 Scott Voltage YZ2

<center>Myspazz</center>
  • ToMBeMe
    ToMBeMe Posts: 252
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">i ride trails with a couple of smallish jumps<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Chances are you wont need to spend that much on wheels to cope with your riding then. Unless your the sort of guy that 'needs' a low weight wheel.
    tombeme.gif
  • gbarnewall
    yeah seems alot,but im just looking for ideas,if someone could recommend a light strong and cheapish wheelset then i'd be a happy camper,was also looking at the mavic crossmax sx disc
  • gbarnewall
    yeah you're probably right,its just i don't know where to start looking,was thinkig also of just replacing the rims with dt swiss ex 5.1d's