ideas for van

BJT
BJT Posts: 351
edited May 2007 in MTB general
I'm planning to equip my van with some accessories to make it better at carrying bikes. At the moment they have to lie down, which though ok, isn't quite as ideal as if they were stood up.
Its load area is about 6 foot long, probably between 4 and 5 foot tall, and about as wide as a standard car's.
My current thinking is to have handles (the type used for opening drawers) screwed to the side walls, and bungee ropes to then strap round the bike, and a castor cup to rest the handlebar in (as this is the only point of contact other than the tyres), and then possibly straps on the floor to secure the tyres. Seems ok, though won't really know till I've done it...but anybody got any better ideas / done a similar thing before?
Only foreseeable problem is wasting a bit of space due to the fact wideness of handlebars make it stick out (don't want to be having to faff around with undoing the stem bolts and rotating them), and handlebars are the only thing displacing it from the wall, nothing is at the back.

<font size="1"><hr noshade size="1">These are our cars. They drive down our streets. <b>But the psycherlist is waiting...</b>

Support the MBA.
Claim back your illegal bank charges - DO IT, IT WORKS!

</font id="size1">
<font size="1"><hr noshade size="1">These are our cars. They drive down our streets. <b>But the psycherlist is waiting...</b>

FlowersTrailsIndignantSheepMoreTrailsChilledSheepRamGateYetMoreTrails
CyclingIsPermittedAlongThisFootpathGenericPath

Support the MBA.
Claim back your illegal bank charges - DO IT, IT WORKS!

</font id="size1">

Comments