giant crack

gbarnewall
gbarnewall Posts: 63
edited May 2007 in MTB general
hey there,i have just spotted a dirty great crack in my 03 giant ac2, the crack is in the chainstays just behind the bottom bracket,does anyone who has owned or still owns an ac had this happen, i haven't ridden it hard,maybe 4 or 5 small jumps since new

Comments

• roryf
    roryf Posts: 1,335
    Pics? Sounds like a new frame time.

The topic title is misleading.
  • gazzer1966
    gazzer1966 Posts: 277
    why do you want to know whether its happend to other peoples bikes?

hi peeps
    hi peeps
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    so he can find out if it is a common fault that Giant may already be aware of and what course of action to take to get a repair/replacement at a lower cost from them.

Instigation, Information, Inspiration

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1327402/
  • gbarnewall
    yeah,just to see if its a flaw in some ac frames,of all frames for it to happen to it shoudn't happen to an ac,it should be built for much more abuse than i'd given it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    vanessa feltz has a giant crack, it might be worth finding out if she can help

<center><font color="black">p7s</font id="black"> Roadie <font color="red">Stumpy</font id="red"> <font color="green">Reign</font id="green"></center>
    <center>shirpy shirpy sheepsteeth</center>
  • gbarnewall
    lets not go there,ever
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i'm sorry, couldnt resist, seriously though, she once got caught coming through heathrow airport with over 5 pounds of crack in her underwear.

<center><font color="black">p7s</font id="black"> Roadie <font color="red">Stumpy</font id="red"> <font color="green">Reign</font id="green"></center>
    <center>shirpy shirpy sheepsteeth</center>
  • euan_333
    euan_333 Posts: 667
    Pics of your great, dirty crack?

<hr noshade size="1">
    <font color="red">Euan Crawford</font id="red"><b><h6>ª_ª</h6></b>
    <hr noshade size="1">
    <font color="red">Euan Crawford</font id="red"><b><h6>But this one goes up to eleven...</h6></b>
  • gbarnewall
    sorry, no pics,its in the shop waiting for giant to come over and inspect it for warranty,just behind where the chainstays pivot behind the BB there is a small tubular cross member between the two stays,its split that just before the weld,and i was just thinking of treating myself to a new frame, either an intense 6.6, a nomad,a reign x0 or a nicolai helius fr
  • gbarnewall
    and please for the love of god no more descriptions of mrs felts