sungod Posts: 17,203

'ning

less nippy, more gloomy, geese tbd

ride cafes laze bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,105

Rest, as I haven’t been to sleep yet, most of my body hurts, but mainly my feet with ferkin trench foot again.

we were on for 10 hrs and were then grouped in with the wrong team and lost well over an hour 🙄

pub soon hopefully (though I imagine the current wife wants the hedges cutting before the wake on Friday)

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 374

Morning all. Dry at the moment, but won't be for long I suspect. Youngest grandson's bringing his bike over for me to repair. Easy day today I think. Well done Mr T.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150

Morning

Wet innit. Meh. Saw Mrs Pinno's sister new pad in Killy. It's in the nice part of Killy which is actually... quite nice. House is too!

May have offer on rental property after viewing. Cross fingers.

Back to indoor tool/tool chest and tidying sorting due to weather.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,843

Good going TLW. Although you really should consider taking up something that's less destructive on your body - have you considered cycling? 😊

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Morning Wasters and Masochists,

Having a quiet morning chilling with the hounds and some coffee. Sadly the weather later has turned from 'a bit iffy' to 'moderately shyte', so considering whether to bin today's ride, pedal into work tomorrow and spend some time this afternoon putting some extra racking together in the cave and having a minor turf out.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,203

rode ride, a bit windy which made it feel colder than yesterday, brrr

geese have flown away somewhere warmer, this seems a good plan

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,105

Actually buying a turbo trainer 😳 any advice gratefully received.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150

Svalbard Barnacle geese are migratory birds shared by the Arctic and the UK. Every autumn 28,000 birds travel from the High Arctic, to the Solway Firth in Scotland, where they feed all winter on the salt-flats and marshes. Many of them land at the Wetlands and Wildlife Trust reserve at Caerlaverock.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Slow start after folk round for dinner last night, seems to be an awful lot of empty bottles, dunno who drank them......

The venison tagine went down well.

Damp here so good excuse to laze about.

• Get a softer saddle than on your bike, mine gets uncomfortable after about 30mins on the turbo

• Stevo_666
    edited 10:20AM

All I can say is that Mrs. 666 and Juniors Reebok Jet 300 is quite handy for hanging my clothes on when I use the sauna. Apart from that it's crap.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,671

I’ve had a Tacx Neo 2T for a few years now, and very happy with it. Best option though was building a good support for the big TV screen to run the software on, makes the experience way more interesting.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS