Bike discount de

I want to order a set of RockShox Sid they have on their site.

£352 is quite good value but not sure about any extra duties that maybe included.

Postage is £16.75 DHL

Anyone recently ordered anything from them?

Thanks

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 385

Ordered some stuff off them a yr or so ago and I think I got lumped with vat or something similar. Parcel was held up at courier till monies.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Thanks for replying 🙂

Think I'll give them a miss then.

Stupid Brexit rules it was supposed to make things better not worse 😢

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,959

Please tell me you didn't vote leave to make things better?

It is import duty. Some vendors sort it out these days, some don't. Price will still probably be comparable to UK in the end.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 385

If you look on there website u der shipping then choose uk option it says prices shown are without national taxes aka VAT and customs / import duties and shipping fees.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,940

yep sadly you would have to whack something in the region of 30% on top of the £369 delivered price.

Would be something like £480 - is that worse than buying here?

I recently bought a cycle helmet from Lordgun bicycles, customs kindly gave me a big fee to pay, but I realised that safety equipment is meant to be exempt from customs duty, so compiled a big document, with screenshots, pictures etc, and they refunded me. Unable to get the £12 fee back from Parcelfarce though 🤬

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I looked around and found a pair of Rebas for £349 from UK bike shop.

I currently have 2 bikes Merida ebike and Orbea Alma both bikes have suntour raidon and the stupid qloc system that I don't like that's why I'm changing forks on both.

My Merida is getting Fox 34's, Rebas on the Orbea.

Thanks all