'ning

gloomygrey, colder

coffee, wfh, maybe a midday ride, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150

Wotcha

We're off to see the wizard... We're off to see the orthodontist bloke so Tricky can start the process of getting her pegs straightened.

Bit dull weatherwise. Yesterday was a hoolie all day.

More coffee needed.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,105

Good luck for shorty

WFH then probably hospice

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,735

Morning folks,

Currently sat in terminal 2 waiting for my colleague. Braced for a week of shuffling and small talk. Beer will help get me through it.

Good luck Tricky, don't bite the ornithologist

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 938

Morning.

Weather currently looking like it could do anything. Hopefully will stay dry so a bike ride might happen. Not a lot on other wise, removal company coming round later to give a price for moving and someone coming round to buy daughter dearests old doll Tilley and her clothes and high chair. There must several hundred pounds worth of stuff but you can barely give it away.

Managed to sell Mountainbike yesterday so feel less like some sort of hoarder now.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,203

noticed ba have a sale on, just cancelled my booking and rebooked with more extras, over a grand less :)

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,670

Fark me, the Universe clearly has decided to clear us out, pronto.

Mr WS currently in hospital as the ongoing treatment had smashed him so flat he was just about to collapse. Seems to be doing better, but it's slow.

Old mate rang yesterday to chat, and tells me his younger sister (all of 61 y/o I think) has been diagnosed with colon cancer, prognosis unknown at this stage.

Pinged a message to another old friend last night, who tells me her best buddy has pancreatic cancer, already spread beyond that to bones.

Other old mate and his wife have both had a beating from multiple respiratory illnesses this year - Covid, Influenza and unidentified Other.

Still windy and cool here. Beam me up, Scotty.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,843

Jeez - the Big C has a lot to answer for ๐Ÿ˜”

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon Bracketeers,

It's now properly dark when I get up which is a bit crap. But it was light by time I got on the bike and I didn't get rained on. Working through a few knotty tax issues while knocking back a double helping of shepherds pie...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,636

Ready meal Shepherds pie is that absolute pits. Hope it was homemade. Speaking of which, doing big batch shepherds pie later, which will probably only last a day, greedy whatsits.

Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Stevo_666

Nope, Tesco job. Tbh I dgaf if I'm hungry enough, which I am when I pedal in. Also need to take it in while still largely frozen, as if it leaks in my backpack it'd look like I've shat myself.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,241

Back in the driving seat today, the exciting shpping list so far comprises a new mic for teams meetings as I've just sat through 40 minutes effectivly being on mute.

Run this evening as I've got an event in two weeks with my recent training being a few swims, an ebike ride and drinking wine.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,203

continuing long term tidy up, having done most of the shredding, started on some digital pruning

hauled out รพe olde raid arrays, copy off the bits to keep, erase the rest delete+drill the drives

much to my surprise, a firewire 800 to mini display port adaptor, into a mini display port to usb c adaptor, actually works

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150

That is a ready meal. You probably will shit yourself.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Slow start after yesterday's beer, wine and whiskey.... wee walk then cafe lunch with SIL etc. Then scenic drive back down via Glenshee. Topped off with a fish supper.

• Stevo_666