Help - probably hopeless cause- anyone in Penzance now?

Mad_Malx
Mad_Malx Posts: 5,157
edited September 2 in Tour & expedition

Probably a hopeless cause - 

My 24yo lad (Alex) arrived in Penzance today (Monday 2nd Sept). Some &%*&!!! lifted his bags very near the end of his train journey.  

He planned an unsupported solo LEJOG, wildcamping in bivi and hostels. All he has now is a bike (disassembled for transit) and is currently heading for the hostel - hopefully someone there may be able to help him.

Extreme longshot I know, but if anyone has tools to help him put his bike together it would be a step forward to getting him moving, and he'll try to pick up more stuff in the first few days. If you had an unwanted pannier or bag (he's got a rear rack), sleeping mat, bivvi etc that would be even better

PM me if you can give any help. This isn't a publiciy ruse or a request to fund his trip! 

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,157
    edited September 2

He’s sorted for assembly and bed for night, c/o a very long ago former colleague. Still needs kit, but he’s in a much better position now to get started

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,684

Nowhere near so can't help, but good luck to him and I hope he gets sorted. And I hope the thieving scum that took his stuff get the nastiest of rashes on their privates.