Sizing a bottom bracket

CSMR
CSMR Posts: 10

Hello. I started to get creaks in my bike when pedaling hard and the shop I use for maintenance thinks it's the bottom bracket.

I prefer to buy a part for them to install as previously didn't like the parts they used before when they changed tires/inner tubes. But finding the right size for the bottom bracket seems very difficult.

I read that 68mm is the most likely in one dimension but in the other dimension it could be 103mm or 107m or 110mm.

The bike is a Specialized Langster, ALU with carbon forks if I remember, possibly 2011. The ring that the pedals are attached to says Miche. I read elsewhere that this might affect the sizing of the BB.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205

It's a square taper 68 x 103mm.

(same as my 2007 Langster and I found it by googling the specs for Langster 2011)

• Just get the shop to do it ,it's a £20 part as they would need to remove and replace it anyway .,tell them what make you want ,they will get it

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,157

^yes, even the basic shimano ones are fine and very good vfm.

• CSMR
    CSMR Posts: 10

I got a Tange 103mm for £20 but it turned out to be too small so the shop is installing generic 110mm. I think this is ultra complicated and the Miche ring must be affecting the sizing. Anyone want a Tange 103mm now for £15?