sungod Posts: 17,045

'ning

sounds windy right now, scorchio later

ride cafes shopping bask

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 340

Morning. Currently suffering from over indulgence of alcohol. Luckily no work today so I can chill out with the dog. Looking nice outside, hopefully it will stay like that. Enjoy your Friday folks.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,608

Trying to get my bikini body ready for holidays in a couple of weeks, all going to plan, weighed myself this morning and had mysteriously gained 3lbs in a week 🤔 Just read your post and realised. Damn you margaritas!

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Ling Island ice teas, vodka and coke, rum and coke and banana beer (German) Damn you all, damn you all to hell.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,395
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,395

Morning folks, woken early by junior betting up for her placement again, but as it's my day off I went back to sleep. Just scoffing some weetabix then will get the fun bike sorted and head off to Bedgebury.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,655

Vodka and COKE?? Just… why?

Coke is only bested in the Most Revolting Drinks Ever by sarsaparilla IMO. They both taste like the waste water from a laundrette that’s just finished the team socks and jockstraps from a rugby match.

The Coca Cola Company are a former client of mine - I designed and commissioned the warehouse management systems for their bottling plants around Oz. The standard Coke is made from Part A, Part B, mixed with sugar syrup and water. The two parts of the concentrate are shipped in 900 litre IBC’s with no ingredient list, just designated as A or B. For Oz, one part came from Ireland, and the other was manufactured in Chad.

It is extremely concentrated: 1 each of A & B is a total of 1800 litres. That will make 135,000 litres of finished product. The sugar syrup base mix uses a ratio of 1000 litres of water with 835 KILOGRAMS of sugar dissolved in it, which is then adjusted slightly during production of each batch. Only water and CO2 are then added.

In use, if the Part A or B has any spillage or drips from the feed line in the mixing plant it must be washed away and heavily diluted. Left for even a few hours, it dissolves the concrete slab floor.

Lovely stuff eh?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,042

'They both taste like the waste water from a laundrette that’s just finished the team socks and jockstraps from a rugby match.'

How do you know?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Not raining so bike ride seems in order.

• It's the phosphoric acid in it that dissolves concrete and makes it a good corrosion removal agent.

• sungod

mmm

ice cold coke, perfect sugar hit on long hot rides

agree about mixing it, nasty

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159

Coke (the non 100% pure Colombian one) vs Sauv B and / or Malbec?

Let me think a moment... 🤔

• pinno

Baby Cham. Hmm. One of the Milton lodge boys nicked a crate of that on his way to school from the tobacconists, having popped in for his 'special mix' ('floor sweepings' for hand rolling - it was cheap). Milton lodge was the orphanage.

The Brewery truck was delivering at the Royal Bar.

'Look boys, look what I got'. He'd crammed his school bag. It weighed a ton and clinked so we hid the contents. This got drunk during a riotous lunch time game of footy (4 individual players, 1 goalie) at the local park. Suffice to say, we got in quite a bit of bother and I discovered 5 o'clock blues. Trying not to laugh outside the headmasters office the next day was tricky.

Magic day but I never touched he stuff again.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,159

Anyways, this has been such a f-ed up week spent snivelling and sulking with the seasonal bug effects. Just luvvin' 2024. At least it's not raining today, will get outside and fossick about doing Stuff.

• pinno

It's bright and breezy in between rain showers.

Indoor pedal methinks. Meh.

• sungod
  • seanoconn

Coke is full of sugar!? I had no idea 😁

Hot day, when thirsty. A glass of coke with ice and a slice of lemon is the best drink in the world, bar none, bar none!

Coke Zero on the other hand is disgusting 🤮

like my mixers me, no neat spirits or beer for that matter.

• sungod
  • Wheelspinner

35+ years ago we used to always have a bidon of Coke on the bike for long rides, save it till desperate at the end for a bit of a lift. Flat, warm Coke. Bleugh…

• Wheelspinner

’Coz I have a dodgy past, and with any luck, an equally dodgy future.

• Wheelspinner

🙄 Next you’ll admit to drinking Bacardi Breezers.

• pinno

Not a mixer guy me. Nor rum of any description. Or whisky - it's the devils juice.

Whatever i've got pi$$ed on, I tend to be put off aside form Vino, Vodka and beer.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 844

Morning

Slowish start this morning, haircut and beard trimmed plus packing finished for tonight’s trip on the ferry.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,222

Taking a brief break from painting and having home made curry for lunch.

Shopping for saturday outfits this afternoon.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Beards remind me of Roald Dahl, 'The twits'

Mr Twit didn’t even bother to open his mouth wide when he ate. As a result (and because he never washed) there were always hundreds of bits of old breakfasts and lunches and suppers sticking to the hairs around his face. They weren’t big bits, mind you, because he used to wipe those off with the back of his hand or on his sleeve while he was eating. But if you looked closely (not that you’d ever want to) you would see tiny little specks of dried-up scrambled eggs stuck to the hairs, and spinach and tomato ketchup and fish fingers and minced chicken livers and all the other disgusting things Mr Twit liked to eat. If you looked closer still (hold your noses, ladies and gentlemen), if you peered deep into the moustachy bristles sticking out over his upper lip, you would probably see much larger objects that had escaped the wipe of his hand, things that had been there for months and months, like a piece of maggoty green cheese or a mouldy old cornflake or even the slimy tail of a tinned sardine. Because of all this, Mr Twit never went really hungry. By sticking out his tongue and curling it sideways to explore the hairy jungle around his mouth, he was always able to find a tasty morsel here and there to nibble on.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,222

One of the best books ever.

it’s a sad state of affairs when RDs story telling has to watered down to cater for the snowflakes of today.

The end of the latest BFG film being a prime example.

Advocate of disc brakes.