Holiday suggestions for MTB'ing in Europe

owen21
owen21 Posts: 24

Hi, i know theres a plethora of choice in Europe. But it wont be a holiday just for riding, im after somewhere where i can get a ride in in the morning, then have general stuff (sightseeing, relaxing, exploring) in the afternoon. And mainly, somewhere where my partner can enjoy it too so maybe close to a town, some beginner friendly trails for her to have a go at & not too isolated.

Sun is a must...uplifts arent necessary but would be a nice to have. I generally ride my XC bike but trail/enduro is fine but it doesnt have to be a bike park as such, just somewhere with good trails.

Flying from the UK, and will probably hire a car too. I might hire a bike but may also have my own bike box by then.

Thanks!

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,341

If MTBing is the top priority then Morzine / Les Gets is probably the premier destination in Europe followed by Meribel. However all are ski resorts and therefore you can get bad weather. But they are an easy drive from Geneva and will have loads of places to hire, plus have MTB schools.

I'm not a MTBer so don't know what other non-mountain destinations are popular, but maybe somewhere like Tuscany with its white roads? Or the Champagne or Bordeaux regions in France through the vineyards?