TDF 2024:- Stage 21: Monaco-Nice 34Km ITT ***Spoilers***

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,657

Quintin Pacher adding his name to quality cycling beards...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,029

I'm torn whether to stay in and watch the last ~20 riders do the route, who should be all done by 1820ish, or go out for a ride before dinner.

Not a great spectacle so far.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • ddraver
    edited July 21

Dan mate if you're going to go for Jasper Disaster you've got to commit to the northern or Dutch prononciation of both...

- @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,529

Fuglsang got all the way through to today's TT practice without tasting tarmac, but he wasn't getting all the way through the race without at least a little snack. I don't think he does crash-free Tours

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Anyway, we're almost four hours into today's final stage, is there any reason the riders aren't swigging champagne from the bottle while they're riding this abject pointlessness?

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

The order on the road is testimony to the strength of UAE

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

I don't mind the debrief energy of this stage ...the procession stage early bit is cringe .. too .

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700

The problem with this non event is that the only possible movement is between Adam Yates and Carlos Rodriguez.

Any other change would be a big surprise.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Ouch, roads a bit greasy now, Jorgenson left a bit of arse on the tarmac I think

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,700
    edited July 21

Having said that Jorgenson manages to hit the deck.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors

Jorgensen crashes ..low sides it

• mididoctors

If it rains it's a lottery

• mididoctors

Remco is a bit of a pog simp

• mididoctors

Remcos off

• mididoctors

Jonas away

• ddraver

PoGOcar

- @ddraver
  • mididoctors

Pog down the ramp ...remco looks good

• ddraver

How long does it actually take them?

- @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    edited July 21

Jonas a tad faster than remco I make it after 6 mins

• ddraver
    edited July 21

ITV have caught a bout of Hatchitus...

- @ddraver
  • mididoctors

Pog with radio issue?

• mididoctors

Jonas going fastest?

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,376

Jonas is rocking and rolling all over his bike.

• mididoctors

That helmet is a fairing

• Dorset_Boy

Remco 36 secs up at 1st check

• Dorset_Boy
    edited July 21

Jonas quicker than Remco by 19 secs

• No_Ta_Doctor

Jonas faster than Remco at first check, Remco was fastest by 30" or so

• mididoctors

That water bottle lol

• Dorset_Boy

Pog quickest by 7 secs

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,233

Hatch is having a mare.