Car rental outside working hours

Maybe someone has plenty of experience on car rental here...

Travelling to a place (Bolzano, Italy, getting there via train from Hamburg Germany). I'd like to rent a car over there. But my arrival is expected at 6pm after their office closed (even worse in case of delays, of course)

They say in their website the rental is still possible, but no further explanation.

I emailed them but no reply yet.

Anyone has experience on this?

Thanks

Comments

• monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,896

The office hours are not always the same as the hours that the car park booth operates.

I have dropped off early on a Sunday and the office was closed but there was a guy in the car park collecting cars, I guess collection may be the same if you have it pre booked.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

You can call the office to ask yourself, as it varies from office to office.

• pep.fermi
    pep.fermi Posts: 383

I managed to speak with the rental office.

They say if my specified arrival time is after their closing time of 1730, they can stay open until 19:00 latest (for extra 30€/day). But if I arrive even later I'm cooked.

Sounds too risky. I was secretly hoping they have a 24/7 robot or something...

BTW curious that the "late arrival premium" scales with the rental duration instead of being a one off.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,293

Can you get a train to the nearest airport? Their operations tend to have much more extended hours if not 24/7 I think