friday sundering reality in search of pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

not quite as nippy, the slow descent to winter has begun, need to book more hols

early ride, cafe, wfh possibly involving smiting, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning all. Slobbing day hopefully, and hopefully nice and dry to. Planning on lunch ride to local to meet some mates, may even ride afterwards as well.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Hounds walked and run done - exceptionally slow run, think I need a rest

work snizzle and then gym and pub

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Morning les phylloxéra

Cloudy, breezy, meh.

Today I shall be mowstly doing little. Some post lurgy roller action to try and get the legs working.

Porkers audio sorted including DAB and blue tooth pairing (for a bit of modernisation). Only took 20 + hrs to solder in a block connector properly and get rid of the jumble of wires behind the stereo unit, fit new speakers (rears behind panels that overlap the glass rubber 🙄), replace door plastic and speakers, speaker covers etc... Undoing 35 years of abuse and neglect.

Holiday VN? I don't suppose you're going to Italy?

Stay upright folks.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Morning Folks,

Good sleep after another pedal yesterday. It also meant I didn't waste my time watching the England game.

Surprising number of meeting for a Friday, but at least I still have a job after yesterdays announcement so better fuel up and crack on.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning.

Seems that now summer is on the wane, it’s now giving it loads. Just been been buzzed by hedge hopping jets, nearly spilt my coffee.

Now been given some theraband exs to do as well as the stretching. Later might be turbo if I can be bothered and new fan arrives before I lose what little motivation I have.

• tlw1

Well done on missing that shower of shoot football and work shoot stuff Steve

• Sunny ! Coffee then ride with OH - mainly recovered from her off last week.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Lateish night last night but I fell asleep so that meant I got up early today for a ride before work.

Arrived home to a nice breakfast and pressies, got a Sonos Port to boost my set up and allow me to have old fashioned music nights again.

Mum had no idea what a Port is so got me a bottle of it instead 😀

Party at HD towers tonight!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

HB HD!

• pinno

Odd: Took a notion to watch the last scene from Return of the body snatchers on Wednesday evening and then D Sutherland pronounced dead yesterday.

• tlw1

HB HD

• Stevo_666

Cheers! Yep, might have put a slight downer on the weekend if they'd told me that I was getting the boot. I suppose dealing with one of lifes two certs kinda helps job security 😊

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Happy birthday HD. Milestone or just getting close?

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Shoot, I 4got. Yep Happy Birthday HD or fully abbreviated. HB HD🎂🥳🍺

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

Happy Birthday HD!

Busy day. Early start. Shoot sleep again. Had to collect lad's stuff from uni before he was kicked out of room at 10am. Left home at 7 and back by 12. He's staying on for summer ball. Nowhere to stay so he's up till it finishes at 6am tomorrow then off to McDs for coffee till Tux hire place opens to return DJ. If he can't wake his mate in the morning to collect his bag he'll be coming home in his pants and some shiny black shoes.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

sing along: hb hd hb hd hb hd hb hd

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double

Cheers fellas.

47 years young

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Evening folks,

Long day of driving, much of it in heavy rain. Believe it or not the best weather was in the UK!!! We are indeed Italy bound, we'll give your folk's place a wave as we pass tomorrow HD. Oh, and HB HD.

Currently the french side of the swiss border near Basel for our overnight stop. Through Switzerland tomorrow, over the top of San Gotthard, skirt lake Como, pass Milan and on to Tuscany. Having one of the automatic thingys for the tolls makes life easier and can save quite a chunk of time.

Looking forward to a cold beer by the pool tomorrow evening.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

My daughter asked me to go for a bike ride this evening. Made my day, my year!

She's just finished last A Level exam today. She's hardly ridden her bike in the last 2 years. Felt like such an honour she asked me. It was lovely. Great way to celebrate the longest day.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• vincesummerskRoxcBTr
    edited June 21

Didn't see much sun, but a nice wee ride out with OH for a nice cafe lunch (excellent soup), even lit the fire again tonight as still chilly in the house 🙄

Have also now voted!

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660

Did the bike fit?

One of the trainer video films I do sometimes is a cruise around Lake Garda. There’s a Hotel Veronese along there somewhere.

HB HD!

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Is there many a room at the Hotel Veronese... with mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice?

• veronese68

I reckon it would have gone in if I'd taken the forks off so the frame laid across all the luggage. But I opted for the quiet life. Did say I'd buy a bike if I saw something I fancied though

• pinno

Surprised you haven't got one there already. Borrow HD's.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

You could take advantage of the strength of Stirling due to brexit and get a Colnago on the cheap. Oh.!!!

• veronese68

I just showed the epi pictures of a rather lovely Master frame for sale in Belgium for €500 saying we could pick it up on the way home 😬

I suspect it's a scam though

• homers_double

@veronese68 does/did your route take you along the Swiss side of Lugano and through Porlezza?

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68

Kind of, Swiss side of Lugano on the motorway, cross the border at Chiasso, skirt Como then towards Milan. Don't remember seeing a sign for Porlezza, looks like it's a few kilometres east of the motorway.

Funny how much quicker the drivers are the Italian speaking side of the Gotthard, even though you're still in Switzerland

• homers_double

Better route for you I guess, as we hit Lugano itself we head along what would be the northern side of the lake.

Advocate of disc brakes.