In the office, which is bad timings with the England game

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

rather nippy ride

summer may finally be arriving

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

in bed nursing a brew. Debating a ride pre site meeting.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091

Morning les vieille perruches bavarde

Bright, no wind. Amazing. It's only been 9 months.

Coffee and contemplate.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670

Morning.

Shoot sleep. Awake at 3.20 till around 4:50 then dozed till 5.45.

In work early. Knackered. Espresso drip required.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning.

Looking pretty dull for the summer solstice. Nearly flashed Liz the farmer first thing. She was in the field sorting out the scarecrows when I walked bollock naked past the full length window over looking the field. Now on second coffee building up for todays walk, later will be physio.

• Not sunny yet but dry and warmish, cycle later.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Am going to sit out this evening and watch the sun go down as we're headed for winter after today...

Up early again, rode in again so bit knackered. Meeting with the boss at 4pm so no watching the England game as it'll be done by time I get home.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double

Sat behind an actual Ineos Grenadier this morning, not the cycle type but the motorised type.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,670
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Afternoon folks,

My Friday³ today. Rather a hectic day in the orifice, trying to get everything sorted before going on holiday, so I've been called into two meetings so far.

Need to get out of here bang on 5 and get home to finish packing and load the car up before heading off at SG o'clock.

I've seen a couple of those Ineos Grenadier things, one parked in the Lidl car park. I thought it was a Defender with a load of tacky aftermarket accessories fitted at first. Certainly not my cup of tea.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

I prefer the look of them to the new Defender though. Maybe I'm just old school.

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,034

Afternoon folks, who turned on the heatwave switch?

Thought it was forecast to be ~22C today, local stations reporting 28C! :o

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • homers_double

I read that as -22 and thought yep, sounds about right.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Evening folks. Wind down time now, beer cooling and cba to watch overpaid people kicking balls and probably losing. Agree with thistle the new defender is plug ugly especially when it has stupid box's stuck on the side. I actually like the grenadier, hopefully every unreliable aspect of the old one is gone. The only thing I don't like is the price, it's fuxxing ridiculous.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

Chelsea tractors must have Chelsea prices.

A productive day, lots of outside fettling done. Paving just about finished, got some more concrete gap infill to do then I can start prettifying. And lost of flower and veg things ticked off the list. And it was sunny on midsummer's day. Odd.

• At last sunny in the afternoon, evening ride with local group, ideal conditions.

• Stevo_666

Phew. Announcement this afternoon about a reorganisation including quite a few redundancies, but I'm not on the list and nor are my team.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Well done Steve, keep the head down and good luck.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Stevo_666
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
  • Stevo_666

Fortunately I'll probably escape that as the team isn't shrinking and the axe wielding doesn't create any extra work for us. It's dealing with the Tokyo mob that takes time - like wading through treacle and we've already got that.