Nat Champs week 2024 ***Spoilers***

No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
edited June 19 in Pro race

Starting this as a place to add Nat Champs results and discussion from around the world as the TTs are starting already.

GB Women's Elite goes to Anna Henderson, 33" ahead of Claire Steels and 1'02" from Elinor Barker

Is this the first win for Visma-LAB's freaky helmet?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

That helmet has to go .this is intolerable

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,034

Has to pay Silent Hill royalties?🤣

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706

Just a heads up regarding the weekend coverage of the Spanish, French, Italian and UK road races.

Full coverage of all of the above, both mens and womens on the Discovery+/Eurosport streaming platforms.

For those who only have access via tv, full coverage of the women’s races on Saturday.

Hard to say with the men’s races on Sunday, but it looks like only about 30-40 minutes coverage for each, except the UK race which seems to have no coverage.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

Suspect the GB races will be on British Cycling's YouTube too

• No_Ta_Doctor

Tarling takes the GB ITT, unsurprisingly. 1'13" ahead of Astana Dev's Max Walker and 1'24" ahead of Ethan Vernon

• No_Ta_Doctor
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,188

Wæernskjold takes the Norwegian title by 1 second from Foss

(1 second difference over 34 minutes)

• No_Ta_Doctor

Tim Wellens and Lotte Kopecky the Belgian TT champions

• No_Ta_Doctor

Johan Price-Pejtersen takes the Danish TT ahead of Skjelmose, Asgreen and Bjerg.

I think BJerg will be pretty disappointed there, especially as he's the DK TT choice (with Skjelmose) for the Olympics (on the road race team also, of course)

• No_Ta_Doctor

Massive drama!

Price-Pejtersen has been DQed - for riding on the bike path!

It might sound ironic, but it's not part of the course and isn't allowed, and clearly gives him and advantage going into the roundabout. Fell sorry for him even if it was stupid

Skjelmose - who was 2" slower - takes the title

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

FDJ show the domestics how to ride a race in the National crit champs.

• No_Ta_Doctor

The Price part is slightly unusual but there are a few well known examples here, though it seems it's been established for a couple of hundred years from English immigrants (though sources here can be a bit hazy on whether there's a border West of Herefordshire...)

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Sophie Wright gets a good lead over the lead group and then gets a rear puncture. Neutral service sorts it out but she didn’t notice a dropped chain and has to watch as the group go back past her. She wasn’t happy!

• Pross

She looked to have it won before that with no-one chasing behind.

• Pross

Georgi takes it with a replay of last year with an attack from the base of the final climb.

• No_Ta_Doctor

Rebecca Koerner defends her DK RR title. Her Uno-X teammate Amalie Dideriksen took silver in a two up sprint V Emma Norsgaard Bjerg (who won the DK TT title on Friday)

• Pross

Looks like Irn Bru is heading to victory in Spain. 1:25 lead with around 16k to go and surprisingly the large amount of Movistar teammates in the group behind aren’t chasing him down.

• Pross

Tired looking riders at the finish in Spain. Aranburu takes it comfortably

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706

LOL.

TV coverage of the French men’s race amounts to 6.8kms.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross

Just turned the men’s race on and can’t work out what is happening. The camera just keeps cutting between groups but there’s no graphics of what group is what, time gaps or distance. How hard is it to add basic information to the TV coverage?

• Pross

Should be a good battle between Ineos and FDJ in the UK race. I think they have 4 and 3 respectively in the lead group that has 1:30 on the peloton with 3 laps left.

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited June 23

It's an embarrassment isn't it.

Just logged on here to see if anyone had any clue wth was going on.

Finally seen a 78km to go graphic, and some actual gaps were posted briefly a few minutes ago.

Of course all gone now, perhaps never to re-appear.

Think I will abandon and watch the last 30km (if I can figure out when that is) tomorrow, though I'll pop back here to see whether it's vaguely worth it.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Rasmus Søjberg (21 year old AG2R Dev rider) takes the Danish RR title by a tyreswidth from Asgreen in a 4way sprint just in front of the peloton

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

What a shambles. No gap info. No distance info. Plenty of ‘low signal zones’ though.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

I think you're expecting too much from the British race coverage. It's probably been watched by about 100 people. It isn't even that bad. The commentators are doing a pretty good job.

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • r0bh

The "low signal zones" are because they are doing it over 4G, the alternative would be to have nothing at all because there's not the budget for a relay plane.

• gsk82

There's currently 9,600 viewers

"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • r0bh

Plus however many are watching on D+ (like me)

• gsk82

Isn't walker the u23 champion?