• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,241

Slow start after yesterday’s walk/pub.

probably a run later.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150

Morning les Kroumirs

Bright but breezy again. Wind out of the Norf again. This has to stop.

Rain and wind combined to knock off a bird box, I think recently vacated so it's not so bad and I salvaged it.

A few chores and some admin. today. Should be a doddle.

First; coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,203

bird box, beans' equivalent of the drive-thru

seems to be getting darker here, possibly more rain is following the rain

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 374

Morning Workers. Definitely soggy and breezy here. Luckily trip out to OH city of birth, she's only been twice before in 50 plus yrs so will be a voyage of discovery. Leaving the kids to do their own thing today for a change. Enjoy.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,105

Great weekend riding a bike for once.

early run due to out at the theatre later (ironically a running based show)

• sungod

feels like a cold november day out there, brrr

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,842

Made the right call to ditch the bike for today's communt, it was bucketing down first thing. Slightly quieter at home now that junior has gone back to uni for another 5 weeks, before packing up for the summer and using the Casa Stevo laundry, catering and cash machine facilities for a couple of months.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227

Def hedge trimming season. Another car, don't have the rumblewagon now, load bagged up this morning, seeing as how it's dry and even partially sunny. Go to book a tip slot for later, booking system so no queues, good idea. Got the 2nd last one available today. Just in time. 👍 Last section of hedge #2 to finish, hedge #3 can wait, then on to laying some more paving. Prob feel crackered by end of the day.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,670

Lovely winter day. A walk, some coffee in the sunshine and spent a bit of time fiddling about with sticky window in the TT. Not sure what the problem is, just alignment I think. Meh.

Bike ride on turbo this afternoon. Been a while since I did an actual real world ride of any significance, must try again some day... :-)

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod

could do with some winter sunshine here ws

given up on cafe stroll

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 938
    edited June 10

Afternoon

Sunny intervals and 13 degrees😱 I can remember when we used to have summers. Not done much other than a session on the turbo. I did think about sitting out in the garden till I saw the temperature.

• Sun and showers again, less windy though.... garden jobs and ordering stuff...

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,735

Evening folks,

Another busy day of WFH, don't they know I want to shirk from home? Weather was miserable so happy not to be wobbling in, tomorrow is driving the EPO in day so no wobbling in then either, hope the weather improves by Wednesday. I thought Spinner's post about a lovely winters day was someone in the UK commenting on the weather here for a moment.

• homers_double

7km run done with the club, didn’t feel too bad after I’d got going. Well I didn’t die anyway.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,670

Well proper winter - or UK summer - has returned this morning. Wet wet windy wet and cold. Blah

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

That's pretty good all things considered. How's the knee today after that effort?

• pinno
    edited June 11

20+ post alert @seanoconn

Where tf are you anyhoo?

• pinno

In fact, where's that @beansnikpoh whilst we are at it?

...and that @tlw1 twit - he hardly posts now he's got a new job*. You're closest to him @thistle_ - go see of he has a glazed expression on his face like he's been domesticated or something.

*That was silly.

• homers_double

Not too bad thank you, I do have to pause ever now and again to let it calm down and I won't run down hill at pace as my other knee isn't the best. I have a feeling I did something minor to it when I had the accident but have a follow up with the consultant in a few weeks so will discuss it with him.

I've booked a sprint triathlon in a few months and it's only a 5km run so yesterday proves I should at least finish in one piece.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

It's like he got a new job and has to do some work.

• pinno
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,842

Someone with a wife and kids? But look on the bright side, tax freedom day was on 10th June.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]