'ning

nippy, cloudier

ride cafes laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Morning.

Grey with rain stuff. Bucket of tea. Shopping later. Garden party in afternoon. Hope it dries.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,902

ride ridden, brrr, windy, clouds taking over from early sunshine

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Sunny, less windy than before, meet stepson later for his birthday, then IKEA....

Just watched an adult nuthatch trying to show 3 young ones how to get into the peanut feeder, typical yoofs - 2 watched and 1 tried and was useless at it 😄

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

Quiet here innit.

Junior heads back North tomorrow morning for her last month at uni before the summer break so helping her get a few things sorted before she goes. Will ride later once jobs out the way and hopefully tomorrow will make it to a classic car meet in deepest Kent with a mate who has an E Type. Not sure mine is a classic yet but apparently if I rev the engine when I rock up the bloke on the gate will let me in 😊

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004

Currently ferkin cold as I’m in the ice bath

run completed, breakfast enjoyed and need to get out and back the van for a weekend away

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

We tried a reverse ice bath once on a ski holiday. They had a heated outdoor pool so we went in then got out and sat out on the side while it was below zero & snowing gently and had a competition to see how long we could last before hypothermia kicked in and we had to jump back in the pool. Strangely, my Scottish mate won 😄

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

Breezy with wind out of the Norf again.

Quiet here too as the DW's and Mrs Pinno have vacated.

Might have a snooze. F*ck the damn Moderna vaccine. I got on fine with the Astra Zenica.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Afternoon folks,

Traditional slow start was enjoyed, been out to get some food in, kicked a car as the twunt drove straight at me as I was riding through some roadworks. Got some odd jobs to do then off to see the old dear when the rain stops.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036

Not raining! Wow! Refueling break from ongoing attack of the To Do list, tip run #1 imminent, poss #2 before end of afternoon. Progress, at least / last.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Evening

Went for a mooch and some lunch in Northallerton with Mrs W. Also got a few holiday togs although it was a bit of pain trying stuff when you’ve only got one working arm. Need to catch up on today’s cycling now.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Working on a Saturday afternoon sucks. At least it was dry and sunny for garden party. Think my bald spot got a bit of sun. Bollacks.

Garden. Lounger. Beer. Nice.

Pizza later.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Just caught up on the Dauphine, it went past the apartment we stayed at last summer and where we will again this summer. It’s about 3K up the climb. It’s a laugh a minute riding up there when you’ve done 100k. Cameron our 10 year old grandson is coming with us, Mrs W seemed surprised when I said I don’t think if he and I go for a ride we will be able to start and finish at the apartment.🏔🗻