Thursdays march towards the Garden of England.

Kent, here I come…

and the wonders of the M25 :(

Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

On the train into town, got a half day as having a long lunch in town and might not feel like going back to the office after that. The bonus ball is that I'm not paying.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021

'ning

brightness

coffee, smidge of wfh, bubbly lunch, bubbly dinner

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,017

Morning les ectoplasme à roulette

Don't go to Margate HD 'cos it's f*cking sh*t.

Sunny bright. Off to the other end of the region today to take Tricky to the Orthodontist.

Cream crackered after yesterdays exertions doing hedges and lawn in showers and some hail at the rental property soon to be for sale prior to the picture taking and all that jazz.

Extra coffee needed.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

East London M25 all the way from the M1 junction to Swanlea is a bleedin car park.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

No M25 for me, just a 25 minute pedal to the office which started out sunny then turned into a downpour for the last 5 minutes.

WFW, work on escape plan from wannabe GMC, hopefully a drier pedal home, maybe gym later.

• Sun, poss showers, trip to Auld Reekie to do some hedging and visit bike shops for OH to try on some cycling gear in 'the right colours'

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,660

Morning folks,

Thursday morning mild hangover is in place. Managed a bit of a wobble last night before going to the pub at least. Had to drive the EPO in today, bright and sunny, but rather fresh feeling. Usual office based nonsense today. See how many ridiculous questions I get today.

Onwards and upwards...

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063

Meh, day of meetings in the office. Keep looking at motorbikes rather than fast cars as seems a much quicker way into the office

• pinno

...in 'the right colours'... You have no chance. Best get a paper, find a decent café and leave her to it.

I spent 6 hours in Stockholm once shopping for the 'right' shoes and the 'right' jeans. Neither of which were acquired.

Her: Does my bum look big in this?

Me: No. It looks rather good [it did. Her bum would have looked good in a bin liner]

Her: Oh, you're just saying that because you don't want to do this anymore.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Get one of those dodgy ebikes that the Deliveroo/Just Eat guys use.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 333

Morning all. Lovely ride into work today and no lights required for a change. Twas a little cool though. Finish packing later for holibobs. No need to worry about flights or crap like that this yr, sticking to the UK. Have to agree on a few points above, M25 glorified carpark and margate is 💩.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,650

Afternoon you work-shy slackers and pedal pushers

Super busy day. Again. Perusing and schmoozing.

Got a free bag of coffee beans. Which is nice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 820

Afternoon

Been for a walk under estimated the distance, need look more closely at the map in future. Now watching the womens tour on catch up. Does look to be a lot of racing going on at the moment. Later is a bonfire in Charlie’s field as a D day anniversary thing, just an excuse for a village party really.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137

Nature Reserve work day done. Lots of cutting back / weeding / tidying the paths, boardwalks, hides etc. Bonus: a good watch of an osprey doing the red kite style hang about overhead on the thermals / breeze, think it was one of the juveniles who have returned to site but are just playing at nesting, not breeding. The breeding pair with hatched chick(s) are way too busy just to be hanging around. First real life osprey sighting para mi this year. Plus saw and could definitely hear the breeding peregrine pair over on the old castle walls. Nice.

Caffeine top up then coldie time, see woss gahn on with the pro cyclists.

• Surprisingly no gear purchased after several bike shops, good excuse to ogle various new bikes though 😉

• pinno
    edited June 6

I liked the Vitus I saw last year when the pro race series was in Stranraer; really sleek looking thing. I imagined it with Campag though, The Di2 is so noisy. 50 odd cyclists changing gear for one of the tight bends was a racket.

• Stevo_666

You have to say that even if her arse is so large that it has small moons in orbit around it.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,218

540 miles later I deserved the cold G&T which dripped with moist anticipation of my arrival in more Northern climes.

The M25 was surprisingly fluid but I suspect I hit it at the right times of day.

PodCasts are a better way of passing the motorway miles.

The M62 turn off is a sight for sore eyes.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • It's a shame the shops didn't stock the shorts/suspenders combo 😄