'ning

looking like a showery day, again

maybe early ride if dry, coffee, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les cyclotrons

Sun. Yay! I shall be fighting a northerly though.

Then Sports day. Say 'Come on Shorty'.

First; coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Exhausted from blowing up balloons (and G&Ts) party later with a nice lasagna which I made yesterday in the midst it balloon blowing.

no running today, not sure what the weekend will bring.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 908

Morning

Just getting ready to drive down to Wiltshire to daughter dearests. It’s our grandsons tenth birthday tomorrow, he requested to a paddling pool for his birthday I’m guessing the climate must be different down there. However they got news where they are going for their next posting, just above St Andrews, I can’t imagine the pool will get much use up there other than as an ice ring.

• pinno

Strap one sausage dog to one foot and another sausage dog to the other and they can do the running for you.

• Sun just now, coffee and chill. Possibly gardening later

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

Forecasting dry next several days. Materials part #1 collected, got loadsastuff to do, from paving through path forming to having a go at the magic amount of spurting growth from weeds, hedges et al.

Donated some excess cucumber and chilli plants to the Community garden, got some free salad and rocket for lunch in return. Good to see some youngsters working away there on the beds and polytunnel, it's not just us boomers who care about gardening and growing foods.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,618

Talking of sausages I've got some cumberlands in the air fryer right now. Sausage sarnies for lunch. Mmmm...

Just got back from the docs to get the results of my PSA test and apparently I'm not going to die from prostate cancer just yet, so sounds like a small celebration is in order later.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'noon

Bike loaded into car this morning in the rain for a pedal part way to work. Glad I trusted my instincts as it was dry when I parked up.

Feeling like 💩 though today so will probably sack off the local TT later again. Pretty sure the ground was bouncing up and down earlier.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Come on shorty

day off today as needed to MOT the camper, so chilled start and walk with hounds, then a text from a mate confirming he will buy my garmin so bought a new one, then another mate responded to a text from 2 mths ago saying he could get me the watch £160 cheaper, cancelled new watch (refund in 6 days) and then it turned out it wasn’t quite the same spec, so ferkin ordered it again. 🤬

Been for a reasonable run, ice bath and now sorting the kids haircuts, some clothes etc then gym and pub

• pinno

Shorty report:

1st in the sprint race

1st in the skipping race

1st in the obstacle race

2nd in the distance. Though to be fair, the starter woman mucked the start up.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

Well done Shorty.

Evening folks, my planned day of shirking from home didn't quite come to fruition, had to go in to sort some stuff out and have face to face meetings. Had a free lunch at least as a colleague celebrated 40 years with the company. The damned fool. Managed to escape by 2.30 and collect new glasses on the way home, logged in with the intention of not doing much, but failed again. Had enough and walked away from computer a little while ago.

Time for a beer I reckon

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201

Indeed, well done Shorty.

Good day garden fettling wise, lots done inc new greenhouse access path. Did get rather warm in the direct sun, so now enjoying 1st, of several 🤔, coldies sitting out front in the sun admiring the view. First time done this in 2024. 👍

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Well done shorty