'ning

some rain shall fall

coffee wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Morning.

Absolutely pee'ing down here. Sat drinking cuppa tea looking out the window contemplating whether to be a martyr and cycle to work in this? I have a perfectly dry car sat outside. It's a tough choice.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004

Meh in the office for just lots of meetings

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Morning

Quite bright here. Not a lot on today’s schedule, might attempt to get on the turbo at some point.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Wet at home. Outran the rain in the car and managed about 10 minutes of running before it caught up with me so got to work pretty soggy.

Car runs nicely though now, mpg seems up as well.

Gym later.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,970

It's raining again...what a bloody surprise. At least I got my riding in yesterday with only some moderate wetness involved. Caving today, this weather makes me think a sauna later is a good idea.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166

Been in the gym already and have done something to my back. Slight twinge so just hoping it'll work itself out.

Supposed to be going for a short run tonight in an attempt to get myself fit again, I've been to on and off recently.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,857

Pi$$ing down. Had to sort broadband glitch. Meh.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69

Rain eased a lot by 8am so rode in. Then remembered it is half term so the roads are empty so car would be less painful. However, nice ride on quiet roads and took rain cape off halfway.

I expect to be fully drenched on way home...

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,903

more coffee

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

Morning all. Usual 💩 after a bank Holiday. Just blagged myself a nice project to hide behind, saves me dealing with idiots for a couple of months. Copped out and drove in, looking like the right decision as its rather moist outside.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno

What's with the legions of fuddy duddy's driving at 40mph on A roads? They have proliferated since lockdown.

• Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • No cycling today! A bit of touristing with the English/Kiwi vsisitor in the dry , bucketing down in the afternoon, up to Auld Reekie for an early morning train to Londinium for a Uni reunion of 30 other old farts. Beer may be involved.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036

Tuesday has indeed fallen. The dismal drizzle has gone at last, but essentially another inside day. D-23 until the solstice... 😳

Got a few inside tasks done but not at all excited by them.

When is winter?

• photonic69

kin'ell!!! I was right. Wetter than a Nun's cucumber!!

Bucketed down and got heavier still. Even winter shoes didn't keep out the wet. Socks wringing wet.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

But are capable of speeding up to 60 mph as soon as the solid white line turns dashed...

• pinno

Ah - the town centre is now 20mph limit. Fuddy duddy pulls out on me and I have to slam the anchors down. I tick along at 20 something mph and FD slowly pulls away from me. I guessed he was doing about 35 (once he got up to speed) and now 200+ yds ahead. I catch him less than a mile out of the town limit and he's doing... 35mph. I guess he drives everywhere at... 35mph. Unless his car has 1 fwd gear and 1 reverse gear.

• Stevo_666

What really makes them try to speed up is when you go to overtake them. They hate that.