Giro 2024:- Stage 17: Selva di Val Gardena – Passo Brocon, 159.0k​m ***Spoilers***

1235»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

Let's be honest if pog attacked at the bottom he could have won

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

When you cycle the high passes of cycling the spirits of the mountain rock whisper his coming .....a quite voice on the wind from far off yet paradoxically feels close

Nairo

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

Every team seemed to have a go at reducing the gap then knocking it off and letting him/them go again.

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

Managed to avoid the result - what distance is worthwhile watching from please forumites?

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • mididoctors

Pog looked like he was warming down

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Really hard to say to be honest. A highlights package might be a better option.

• wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 825
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,762

O'connor lost 42 seconds, stays 4th

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Do we know how the sprinters (aka fat lads at the back) are getting on? PCS still has only has 70 odd finishers

• jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 777

One of the things I like about him is that, definitely on stage 15 and I believe on other days too, he rode with neither a powermeter nor a pulsemeter, so was 'old school', relying on 'feeling'. I imagine without meters is true for at best only 20% of the other riders.

Apparently he said before the Giro he would focus on stages 8 and 15 and in both cases he was then in the break but caught late on, so he must have decided to also give stage 17 a go.

His trainer is old-profi Michele Bartoli, and his training ground in Winter is the east end of Lake Constance.