Sunday morning boathouse vibes

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 22,004

May have drank too much and woken up on the balcony of a boathouse in Windermere. It was fun though (bar being rather sick in a couple of bars)

need food but the host is still asleep, home and pub later. Body is very broken

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899

'ning

that's what running does to you

smidge milder to start, let it be sunny

ride cafes laze bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

Morning les esclavagistes

Dull start. Must go do the thing that I meant to do but couldn't do 'cos of the other thing I had to do.

Coffee.

Maybe watch Pog dominate the Giro. Maybe just no bother. Sad really.

First; coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Sunny

Dizzy

• Morning. Warm, off to watch daughter do 10k run. Taps aff in the wee car I think.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

'Dizzy'? So you've seen the picture that's circulating on the internet of @seanoconn 's missus doing the mowing

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962
    edited May 12

Feeling slightly gaseous after last night's Indian take away (Mrs. 666s suggestion for a change as she CBA to cook). But earned after a decent early evening ride round the lanes.

Now chilling with coffee before a spot of mowing & garden stuff then off to see cousin in deepest South London.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,535

South London!? Did you book in advance? Bring your passport, we might let you in. Might.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Morning spent supporting a 10k at Hampton court. Really rather nice in the sun. Hoping after 1 Margarita my promise of sorting the garden will be forgotten temporarily.

• Stevo_666

Yep, badlands of SW16. If I pay you a fiver will you look after my car?

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

It’s not optional if you want wheels on your return.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166

BBQ and wine only leads to a late start. Currently potting £150 of garden centre produce, bloody expensive these days.

bike is is in the shop so no riding for a week unless I pull out the winter bike. Just need to swap a wheel as I’ve ditched Zwift, £18/month… ferk that.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899

warm ride followed by pleasant bask, though it's gone cloudy now

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 297

Nice cool ride before the heatwave hit this morning. Cars washed and family walk around local NT pile completed. Beers in fridge cooling.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Afternoon folks,

Slowish start was enjoyed, done a bit of pottering since. Didn't drink last night as had to collect the lad and EPO from the station, she could barely walk after being out all afternoon and evening. Feeling pretty good today as a result, or I was until I got roped into helping with some stuff.

SW16 Stevo? Is that Tooting? Mind you even Tooting is posh these days.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710
    edited May 12

Afternoon

A bit of slow start today. I had planned to climb and lift some weights but Mrs W wanted uncluttered access to the washing machine which is in the garage along with the climbing wall and weights. So I went for a ride, turned out to be windier and hotter than I expected now feeling a bit battered but 72 miles ridden. Might need a drink to stop my legs aching.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Forgot to say, you didn't drink too much yesterday TLW, you ran too much 🙄

• G & T in the garden, then watch the Giro.

• Stevo_666

South Norwood, just west of the park. Not too bad as they've got security gates 🙂

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Link me plz.

It passed after going outside for a while. Think I just got up out of bed too quickly.