Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

Pog takes the stage and a big chunk of time out of everyone else

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,705

A poor result from Thomas.

Martinez faster.

Pogacar takes the stage and an iron grip on the pink.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,161

Pog has got this, wins by 17" to take a big GC lead. Ineos take 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

• Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479

The man is a machine! That climb was ballistic.

• It's remarkable to me that G didn't seem to learn anything from the final TT in last year's Giro. Overgeared for the final climb and shipping time left, right, & center!

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

That final climb from Pogacar was astounding, he was over a minute faster than Ganna.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

Pog put a min into Ganna on that climb

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross

He got beaten by the clear favourite for the stage with the bookies.

• mididoctors
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Well they need pog to have a super bad day

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Pog looks like he barely got a sweat on!

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

Pog took 1m4s over 6km.

G's gearing was again all wrong.

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162

Takes 2mins off Thomas oooof

'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • mididoctors

He liked that big gear didn't he .. they must have gamed it all out ... Thomas no excuses...

• mididoctors

LOL

• mididoctors

Interviewer lol

• mididoctors

Ganna gutted

• Pross

Not often you see Thomas pissed off with an interviewer but that was poor.

• mididoctors

Commentators are stunned too

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

Yeah that was a bit shitty - I can only hope it was lost in translation but come on......

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,761

That interview with Thomas - "The team - Ganna, Sheffield and Arensman - apart from you, did an amazing time trial today." 😂

• Pross

He didn't seem overly bothered by initially being told it wasn't a great TT for him and was very honest about it himself but listing all the team mates who did better was a step too far. Imagine how someone like Pedersen would have reacted!

• mididoctors

Interviewer totally coated him off .....maybe lost in translation thing

• mididoctors

Made me laugh

• Pross

All Pog has to do now is sit and watch for the rest of the race and save energy for the TdF especially with another TT to come. My bet is he won't and we could have at least one bad day from him.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Ha I know it's Pog, but is that all? ;) If only it were so easy for everyone else.

This race would have been more exciting with WvA.

• mididoctors

Well let's see what happens

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,393

Why? WvA would have been destroyed in the mountains, if not beforehand.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Not for GC per say, just the stages would be very different