Thursday. Not what I ordered, but here it is anyway

Other than Bin Night, not much to recommend it.

Theres been coffee and cake already, so it must be nearly drinkies o’clock? May have to go earn it with some power tool gardening activity first.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning

dry n bright good start

No cycling for me though, just off to do my bit in the polling booth... looooong day 😉 even if there is coffee n cake

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Moaning

Massive thunder and lightening storm at 4.30am this morning that even woke me from my covid stupor. Proper noisy it was.

Think antivirals are working. Improving at 75% dead now..

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615

On the train headed into a pretty gloomy looking London. Got a few presentations to far away places to do/sit through today so have packed an extra Scotch egg.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69

Antivirals might be making me 75% dead but I sure as hell now know which direction the other 25% went!!! 😳

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Morning

Just catching up yesterday’s cycling. Thursday chore of cleaning bathroom done, later is seeing consultant about what’s can be done with shoulder. Not sure what to do before then as I’m feeling a bit weary after yesterdays 82 mile Boomers ride.

• Sunny here, 2nd day in a row! Rode yesterday so garden stuff and maybe new chain and gear cable on the bike today, after coffee....

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning nice a sunny here currently but who knows how it will finish. Voting later try and keep the status quo here. Previous incumbents have form for fuxxing things up. At least the current ones got it half right. Anyway stuff politics. Still sore from yesterday's running and riding.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Fit a Photonicometer69 linked to blue tooth so we can watch the level of deadness live and online

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Me cutting grass me. F*ck. It's half time.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Sat in my usual desk position looking at the blue sky and wishing I wasn't here*

Mrs is off on her girly holls tomorrow so I'll have the TV remote to myself!

*Not in a morbid dead way...

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Crack of thunder woke us at 2:30am then constant rumbling (unlike anything I’ve heard outside of mountain areas) which grew louder and ended in brief heavy rain.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

new faster broadband set up at home and 30mins on the phone to cancel existing contact.

When I get through to the cancellation dept

Me: “Just calling to say I’m cancelling.”

them “Of course sir, we can offer you this this and this?”

Me: “No thanks I’m cancelling.”

Them: “Sorry to hear that, please hold while I put you through to the cancellation department.”

Me: “You’re the cancellation department.”

Them: “No I’m not.”

me: “Please inform the cancellation department I’m cancelling.”

them: “Nope, you have to, please hold.”

10mins later

Them: “Cancellation department, how can we help?”

Me: “I’m cancelling.”

Them: “We can offer you this this and this?”

Me: “Fuck off.”

Them: “Ok, please hold while I input your cancellation and read you the terms and conditions. This will take about 15mins”

Me “WTF!”

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

Day 3 of 3 of the NTS volunteering, gold medal incoming. Today mostly spent in the sunny coastal village of Rockcliffe, fettling stuff, repainting metal gates etc. Lovely lunch break sitting down on the seafront sunbathing and just chilling with the views. There are NTS holiday rental properties there, apparently the ones earning the highest return ratios for the charity. It is a nice part of the world. If it was Devon or such it would be 'kin hoaching wi folk.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

You got off lightly, Virgin just hung up on the Mrs a few times when they realised she wanted to cancel. Then it was as yours with added waiting whilst the supervisor checked who had done the hanging up. When asked if they could do that after she'd finished was told no!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Evening folks,

Biblical storms here as well, was woken just after 5am. Presumably this means I'm a heavier sleeper than Seanie.

Busy day in the orifice, had to be on best behaviour as chap from the new owners was in.

Just been to vote, photo id thing is ridiculous, caused a few delays, should have gone at 7am. Barman at the local was a polling clerk, said he's known nearly everyone, not surprising really.

Ooh, exciting news. Just had my tpu inner tubes from AliExpress delivered. They really are tiny, even come with patches. And they're pink ready for the Giro.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

busy day in the office and now having a break from the laptop in a non themed room at Drayton manor for once.

Did manage a run but the ankle is still sore 🤬

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615

What are they doing putting you up in a theme park?

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

The options for hotels around here is like liverpools chances of winning the premiership, rather limited

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Blimey!

Who on earth is the old contract with?

😕

• photonic69

I think he said it was The Prince of Darkness BB Inc?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

'night

day of sun, basking, crispy suckling pig, seared tuna, many wines and bubbly

ladies squiffy

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny