monday on a boundary at infinity

'ning

nippy but dry

maybe quick ride wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,598

2 days of dry weather forecast, high of 17! Spring is here. Might try to coax the family out later as it’s dry to see some rhododendrons in bloom in one of the Royal parks.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,017

Morning jus de réglisse

It's raining, meh. Though it's cut down on the chores list.

Expecting parts in the post today though that's highly optimistic.

1 more week and the rental property will be ready for sale.

First; coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,063

nice walk with the hounds listening to the wedding present - random pub conversation meant they were my ear worm.

work snizzle then out with the running club later

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Blue skies again, nice temperature at the moment and looks like it will warm up even more later

Absolutely sweltering in this coffee shop though,and the locals are still in their big coats vs my shorts and t shirt.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,218

Need to take my wheel to the LBS for some advice, Hope Pro 4 hub with an Ultegra 11spd cassette, without the spacer the cassette is very loose. With the spacer the lock ring and granny gear won't engage.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021

this

early ride didn't happen, but the sun is still making an effort and the temperature is creeping up, contemplating a lunch ride

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,650

Morning slackers. After last week's commute that made me feel fantastic and a reasonable ride yesterday I'm now in bed with a high temp and feeling generally rubbish! Bah. Flamin typical!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• homers_double

It's the one that came with the hub. Strangely I've never had it installed...

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,651

11 speed are not supposed to need a spacer IIRC? It’s intended to be used when you fit a 10 speed cluster on an 11 sp compatible freehub I thought? Is the Pro 4 hub actually using the correct freehub bit for 11 speed?

Anyway, horrible day. Tooth extraction for me and also my Mum today. Not at all pleasant.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 333

Morning, Just. Steady pedal in to work in the dark but dry for a change, expecting headwind slog going home 😡. Trying to get N+1 by the OH, see what happens with that. Probably BA.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno

A quick search shows: 1.0, 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0mm spacers.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,327

Afternoon (just) Wasters,

At least it's light when I drag my arris out of bed at 5.40am. Decent hybrid commute (TM tlw1), albeit a bit fresh. It'll be a jacket off job for the ride back though - forecast to hit a tropical 17C in The Big Smoke. At least the Panzer doesn't whiff of manure any more.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,137

Hanging about in reception again while da mowtah receives its annual service part 3. Will I now get another notification for a part 4 element? Traffic on way here was pants, weather has turned pants, Mondays tend to be pants anyway. Life innit.

• sungod

had a ride, pleasant in the sun but rather windy

as it's dry there's lots of tree pollen etc. getting blown around, achoo

• homers_double

Hub issue sorted. No idea how and why but its all back together and tight without the spacer.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,660

Afternoon folks,

Another busy day in the orifice, reasonable wobble in this morning although still a bit fresh. Had to ride the pub hack in as needed to carry stuff in the panniers and off to see my sister after work. Hard work with the extra weight, but quite satisfying when I pass people on it. You can tell there's no rain forecast, saw 3 Hardly Ablesons when i went out for lunch. They melt in the rain faster than a carbon bike does.

I must admit I also thought 11 speed didn't use a spacer, but vaguely recall there's one ratio that is different and does need it for some reason. Now I'm worried about what that is and if my spare will fit properly.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 820

Afternoon

Mondays chores done, even cleaned the coffee machine. Bike ridden, felt over dressed despite scaling back what I was wearing. I might watching the cycling if I can be bothered to. Move.

• sungod

you've been channeling seano's mechanic spirit guide haven't you

• homers_double

Guilty as charged!

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,598

it might take longer, cost more and have a higher risk of serious injury but it all works out in the end.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי