thursday like the blue rose

'ning

cold, gloom, wind, bah

coffee wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Damp and miserable here, maybe a run later if my knee stops aching.

WFW, organised chaos…

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Run done after another night of the wife convincing me to drink.

meetings and hopefully away at a reasonable time so I can meet some friends for a decent run with hills

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Morning les Kroumir

Grey, chilly, as wot SG says.

Today pack Rocky Rocket up as she's sold. Sniff. New beginning as a racing mower 😀

Beans is AWOL the dodgy tramp. He used to be this pristine city slicker now he's a filthy tramp.

Coffee.

Laters

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Morning

2 degrees here when I got up. Bathroom and bike cleaned, now on second coffee wondering if I’ve got the energy to do anything after yesterday’s ride. Which I did mostly on my own as the other two in our not so slow group decided that they had enough after 20 miles.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Beans is making the most of turning 3 and being able to do what he wants.

Got to work today, forgot half my stuff.

Need to get stuff done before going away tomorrow and people are putting meetings in my diary with a moments notice so nothing is getting done.

Might cancel the gym later as I need to pack and generally get my shit together.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Morning you Funsters!

Actually rode the freakin' bike into work today for the first time in weeks if not months! God, was it hard. Also bloomin' cold. 4degrees when I set off. 6 on arrival. Still in winter cycling clobber. It's nearly May.

On the upside, I feel 'king brilliant. Amazing what a burst of exercise does for the mind. Probably be feeling not so great if I have to ride back in the wet.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
  • photonic69

All Hail to the God of Motivation - @pinno (well that and the bathroom scales!)

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning Munsters, was at work but felt 💩 so copped off and snuggled up with the mutt. Hopefully just chilled through and I'll warm up and feel better soon. Fark me it's chilly here and now damp as well.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Sunny morning. Rain incoming.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,615

Only some very slight fuzziness after last night's beers in town, didn't help that the train got diverted and took an hour, bit of a pain. Just come up for air after a busy morning and knocking up some lunch to eat while I listen to some droning on in our online 'town hall'.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

post office inquiry livestream is fine entertainment again, lots of squirming and what boils down to "i can't recall why i lied"

certainly more exciting that some recent road races

by the time it gets to vennells's turn, could be a modern day damnatio ad bestias

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

on sale to the general public, what could possibly go wrong...

• photonic69

They'll be bred for fighting then they'll be on the banned dog list.

But cool! Robot dog fights with flamethrowers!! Cool AF!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Should be busy, but quite a lot of shirking taking place. I'm another year older and certainly feeling it after too much beer and curry last night. So I've been eating lots of cakes. My beautiful former assistant and a couple of the girls here bought me presents which is nice, 2 of them bought me booze and the other socks with bicycles on them. My boss bought me a mug with my job description on it, Shit Show Supervisor.

Had to drive the EPO in this morning so no chilly wobble, but toasty and warm whilst sitting in traffic. I'd prefer the chilly wobble.

I could do with a kip now, or some coffee and more cake...

• photonic69

Arses! It's pee'ing down now. At least I'm in my waterproof winter boots (still) and my goretex jersey.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Happy Birthday Mr V. Somebody at work must appreciate you to remember your birthday. The only thing I ever get is make sure you bring nice cakes in or the the beers are on me.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

HB V. Another n+1!

Today's work sesh was focussed on defence. Defence as in removing old fencing on the nature reserve. Pleasantly sunny intervals and dry. Def springtime for me.

• Stevo_666

Happy birthday V. Don't worry, we've had a little whip round and there's a mug in the post from us too 😉

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn

Happy birthday V68 🥳🥳🥳🎂🎂🎂

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

Let's club together and get one for v68 as a birthday present

• Stevo_666

I was being nice to you as it's your birthday 😜

• pinno

Have a good one VN.

• seanoconn

Let us know what the King says in his letter V 👍

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Happy birthday v68

• photonic69

Happy Burpday V.

Probably would be with beer and curry. Bike riding should be avoided after imbibing the aforementioned for sure.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Happy Birthday V. Are you v69 now.