'ning

cold cold cold

coffee wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,853

Morning les Cyranos à quatre pattes

Slightly cloudy start. Hopefully the same as yesterday as it turned out beautifully and I want a decent long pedal.

Time for cage rattling and see what their excuses are:

@beansnikpoh @Charlie_Croker @photonic69 @elbowloh @napoleond @willow71uk

Coffee

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 710

Morning

Cold and damp. Not sure what to wear for todays Boomers ride as the forecast it might rain, warm up or get windy. As the cafe stop is a distillery, if it’s raining when it’s time to leave. It might be tasting time and ring Mrs W for a lift home.

• Sunny, chilly, coffee and ride with a pal after.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004

Chilled start as the wife joined me in the hotel last night, it was a surprise and she wanted words with me when I got there………..

apparantly how the feck can I have such a clean ocd type room when I’m messy at home 😂

• pinno

Bored in your hotel room whereas not bored at home?

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,902

i'm neat in hotels, brought up to not expect others to clean up after me, also it's out of sympathy with the staff who are stuck with the aftermath of the slobs/selfish, it can't be an easy life

always remember chatting to one i'd known for umpteen years in dubai, he looked after the roof pool/bar, he'd not been home to his family in over five years, just an endless cycle of work-eat-sleep to send money home

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,962

Did you tell her that you have be tidier when you're away as the maid service isn't as good at the hotel? 😗

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Busy morning in the office and the corporate hamster wheel is turning quickly.

Dealing with the latest round of idiocy from the Kingdom of Far Far Away but have beers organised with a few mates in town later on to look forward to.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,723

Moaning,

Cloudy and rain greeted me this morning plus the wind – why is it persistently windy? Why don’t the windmills soak it all up?

I’m gonna have to mow the friggin lawn today which means fixing the mower first. I’ve put it off again and again but it’s getting to be a jungle out there so I’d better do it…

…more tea 🙂

• sungod

nippy in the wind, but a smidge of sunshine

gone for a stroll, got some armani man perfume in sloane street, bubbly now, skipping the avocados so as to leave some for the gen whiners

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,622

Moaning all. Still alive. Just going through a phase of CBA to do much soshul meeedja browsing as far too busy at work and motivation is low. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm constantly surrounded by idiots (this board excepted) but god, give me strength there are people on FB/Insta/Twit-X/other boards that should never have been allowed access to keyboards or phones. I would laugh at them if it wasn't so depressing.

Not cycled in ages. Trousers getting tighter and tighter. Shirts don't fit etc etc. Bleugh.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• sungod

fighting manfully to keep the embiggening down to a kilo o two, with the relentless rain i've not ridden so little for years

• Stevo_666

You're only fat once, as the saying goes.

• pinno

Bitter wind and seemingly, a headwind all the way and uphill. Now the sun is out. Fecking luck.

Bumped into this gormless idiot. Spoiled my shot.

Gi: It's ganny rain

Me: It's not in the forecast

GI: I dinny watch the forecast

Me: There's a website with rain radar and it's live

GI: Aye but they say yin thing an' anither thing happens.

[Cycles away from GI]

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

Afternoon folks,

Another day of fun and games in the orifice, still don't really know what's going on but we are busy doing what we think should be done. Still lots of posturing from some senior management rather than decisions and action, hopefully that will reveal to the new owners which ones are all mouth and no trousers.

Had a nice meal last night and managed to get the forms done for the LPAs whilst my sisters were around.

Out for beer and curry tonight as it's Wednesday.

• Stevo_666

Didn't realise that they were shooting Scottish 'Mastermind' near you 😊

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,536

As Pinno cycles away.

Gi: see ya later fanny. streenge jimmy oan a bike wi' yer glaikit claes 'n' funny modern ideas aboot th' waither. 

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,036

The owls weren't near, though some gang of birds crapped all over my roof ridge last night, but the robins were. A day of working over flower beds in The Gardens, nice and sunny with only 2 layers on. Is spring finally springing? Cold beer time and catch up on those pro racers.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

For some reason I always make the bed in the hotel before I go out or leave, just habit.

Keeping everything reasonably tidy makes it harder to lose/forget things when you check out.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,575

What were you doing in TLW's hotel room? No wonder his current wife had words 😂

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,166

@GI won't catch much with that clampett set up.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

I did ask if he had any bites and the reply was " Nah. Nothin'. "