PC Builders - Decent Forums?

photonic69
photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Hi team

Are there any serious PC builders on this forum? If so are there any decent PC building forums you can recommend? Found a few pages on FB but most of the posters are either drunk/blind/CBA to read the post or just say re-install Windows/CPU/GPU/BIOS Flash etc or just willy-wave with mega expensive GPUs.

I'm fairly competant at tinkering with PCs and components having just completed a complete dismantle and rebuild into a new case of a decent, albeit 6 year old machine and updated it with new NVMe drives for the OS and a larger SSD storage. I've just got a few driver issues I can't quite solve but asking on FB groups just just gave me the answers I outlined above without actually being helpful or indeed any use at all. Most appear to talk like the Comic Book Store Guy in the Simpsons.

I quite like tinkering with computers. It's almost as satisfying as gently finessing an Ultegra rear mech into shifting whisper quiet on a newly lubed chain, but without the greasy fingers and bad back.

Ta muchly

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,603

Had some luck with reddit on this topic. There are a few subs, think this one is largest https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023

Overclockers UK seems to still be up and running, not built a PC myself or used it in a while so can't vouch for whether it is pitched at the level you require.