sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

random rain continues, not as soggy as last night

coffee, wfh, early bail for bubbly outing

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Tired after shoot hotel sleep with new job thoughts popping in my head at random times, notebook by the bed before I go to sleep tonight.

run now and a pig based breakfast will help

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Out and about today, sweating like something @tlw1 currently wants to eat.

Armed with a fishing rod for a bit of pier action if the tide behaves.

Its beer o’clock here.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

Delayed start as it's pishing down. Again. Going to get a bit mucky and damp over in t'Gardens sesh today. Springtime eh.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614

Gopping outside so hiding in the cave working. Left Strifey and the hounds to lie in. May nip into town later on to grab lunch and a couple of bit n pieces.

I had a vague hope of riding round the lanes after work so fingers crossed this clears up.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Heavy rain all day, Zwift and then loft bat guano clearing again (halfway done)

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Cool, drizzly indoor sort of roller day after coffee and chores.

Wo ist der frühling?

später keime

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Forecast to rain all day here, so I haven’t gone to meet the other boomers, however it doesn’t seem to be ☔️ Mrs W took the day off work to look after grandson so I could go riding. I imagine I will get loaded down with jobs as forfeit.

• pinno

Chucking it down there innit.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Usual orifice based fun and games, mildly moist for the wobble in, had to fight the temptation to take the car with the promise of 0% chance of rain later. Should we take odds on me getting drenched?

Glad TLW survived his first day of new job, I'd recommend using your phone's voice memo function so you don't have to turn the light on to make notes.

Should be off to the pub later as this thread has reminded me it's Wednesday, better pretend to do some work for a bit I suppose. Onwards and upwards...

• pinno

Rollers rolled. Hot cross bun time.

• orraloon

A day inside, yay, in t'Gardens prepping and cleaning the newly re-covered big polytunnel to get it ready for the growing season a-comin' in. And it rained all day. Where tf is springtime? I blame HiRiskAnus.

Difficult to hear one's phone inside a polytunnel when it's hammering down. The missed call was to notify me that the Scottish Water contractors will be on site tomorrow to dig up and replace the broken street sewer pipe. That makes it 17 days since I first logged the potential issue. 👍 How long would it take Thames Water to do owt? My bruv knows only too well.

Chill and catch up on the pro cycling time.

• Stevo_666

Careful what you say north of the border 'Loon, you don't want someone reporting you for a 'non-crime hate incident' 😉

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

surprise sogginess for stroll home

many bubblies with ladies, steak tartare and quaff or seven of red for variety

not sure it's worth sleeping before wakey wakey time, may have a port to ponder

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Is it intervention time? Who are these ladies and does Mrs SG know?

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon

Ooh, I'm feeling threatened / harassed / intimidated / bullied (delete as appropriate). I need to dial 999, 'he said, she said, wah wah wah...' ad infinitum.

• Stevo_666

Careful now, you don't want to go misgendering anyone, that's just asking for it...